7th NRA World Action Pistol Championships

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > 7th NRA World Action Pistol Championships

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 02:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default 7th NRA World Action Pistol Championships

Held 6-9 October at Blacktown Pistol club - and I never even knew it had been on until now. Damn, I would have gone out there...

Doug Koenig

Bruce Piatt

Open

Doug Koenig 1st 1920-188x
Carl Bernosky 2nd 1920-181x
Bruce Piatt 3rd 1920-177x

All perfect scores, I might add.

Other shooters included Julie Golob, Jim Staader, Vera Koo, Jerry Miculek.

Can I say it again? Damndamndamn. lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Koenig receives world shoot trophy from SSAA National President Bob Green

Video WAPC Oct 2010 Sydney

Quote:
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 10-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

^^Uh yeah that video doesn't seem to work. Unless its just my dodgy pc, always a possibility

Found some photos:

Doug Koenig at 50m

Marc Kleser at 15m

Julie Golob mover target

Barricades 15m

Quote:

Old 10-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Jerry Miculek at 15m

Greg van Borsso going prone at 50m

Koenig on his way to a perfect score

Koenig and mover targets. Can see where the 188x's came from!

Quote:

Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #5

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Great pix and I'd love to see an event like this live and in-person. I do find it ironic though that a world pistol event was held in a country where the government detests pistols. Let's hope that this type of event will help convince your leaders that pistols, and the people that shoot them, aren't evil.

I can only imagine the paperwork that was necessary for these folks to bring their guns down under...

Old 10-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Great pix and I'd love to see an event like this live and in-person. I do find it ironic though that a world pistol event was held in a country where the government detests pistols. Let's hope that this type of event will help convince your leaders that pistols, and the people that shoot them, aren't evil.

I can only imagine the paperwork that was necessary for these folks to bring their guns down under...

Yes how ironic NGIB. I wonder if any of the Govt outside the Firearms Registry/Customs would even have known it was on? I certainly didn't and that is still painful lol. Would have given anything to have seen arguably the best shooters in the world today. Ah well!

Funny you should mention paperwork Everyone's guns and ammo arrived intact...except for Jerry Miculek, who arrived to find one serial number digit wrong on the permits resulting in his backup gun being denied entry...and no amount of intercontinental correspondence would sway them. Lucky he didn't have gun trouble

Quote: