Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > 3 Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default 3 Gun

I'm beginning to become fascinated with 3 gun competition and would like to become involved, although, I'm not sure if there are any 3 gun matches in my area.

Are there any 3 gun shooters on this forum? If so, what are your thoughts about 3 gun and maybe you could fill me in on the scoring. From what I can tell it must be a timed event with seconds deducted but I'm probably wrong.

I saw a video clip on a 3 gun jungle run that looked way cool. This looks like something I could do on my hunting lease during the off season. Now all I would have to do is find someone to shoot against.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2748 Times on 1594 Posts
Likes Given: 1202

Basic scoring is like USPSA or IDPA. Joe, if you start something like this, I may have to visit WI.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

This may not help with rules and scoring, but if you get the Versus channel, there's a show called "3-Gun Nation" that just started (three episodes so far). You might enjoy watching that.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 08-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
This may not help with rules and scoring, but if you get the Versus channel, there's a show called "3-Gun Nation" that just started (three episodes so far). You might enjoy watching that.
Thanks, I caught part of that the other day and that's what sparked my interest. I mean what more could you ask for? 3 Gun IMHO has it all.

Here's a link to a video called The Jungle Run. This makes the competition more interesting as you are also hang'n out in the woods, although it appears more dangerous than the sanctioned events. Not good to run with loaded firearms IMHO.Yahoo.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 08-11-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I hope everybody has their DVR set for the upcoming 3 Gun Nation show on the Versus channel! This is going to be the best thing on TV.

The first shows air on Monday July 26th at 7:30AM ET, Thursday July 29th 3:00PM ET and then every week in the same slots.

I know the crew filmed me during one of my runs at the FNH match. Hopefully I did something good or bad enough to get my 5 minutes of fame.

Here are a couple of links to get your interest up.

Check it out!

3 Gun Nation - Versus

3-Gun Nation

Be sure to email the Versus channel and thank them for covering the shooting sports.

My Videos

Accurate Iron Custom STI Edge 5 | Accurate Iron Benelli M2 Shotgun | Stag Arms Model 3G | Accurate Iron Glock 34 | Accurate Iron Glock 35 | DPMS Panther LR 308

Old 08-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have been shooting a bunch of 3 gun. Here are some videso of my shooting sports.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jtischauser#p/p
There are a bunchof different rules in 3 gun as well as scoring systems. The best bet to learn more is to go over to Brian Enos forums and read the stuff on their 3 gun threads. The USPSA also has a lot of information.

My Videos

Accurate Iron Custom STI Edge 5 | Accurate Iron Benelli M2 Shotgun | Stag Arms Model 3G | Accurate Iron Glock 34 | Accurate Iron Glock 35 | DPMS Panther LR 308