2009 Zombie Shoot at LRGC - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > 2009 Zombie Shoot at LRGC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #21
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Would love to see pictures of the meet-up!

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #22

Please note we are raffling off the GSG-AK and not the GSG-5. Here is a picture. Sorry for th confussion.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:11 AM   #23

Guys,

We've had some issues with getting mail delivered to our Club address. You may get your payment back returned undeliverable from the USPS. If this happens, please use the following address:

Langhorne Rod and Gun Club
251 Stoneyford Road
Holland, PA 18966
Attn: Practical Rifle Program

If you have sent your payment, you will receive an email acknowledgement from us within 48 hours of receipt. Please let me know if you've sent payment but have not received an acknowledgement in a timely fashion. Due to all the chaos with the USPS, we are extending the deadline for registration to the 20th of September. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused.
Regards,

Gary

Old 09-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #24

So what were you doing this opening day of NFL football Sunday? Watching the game? Hanging out with friends? Avoiding the wife/GF? Well take a look at what your Zombie Construction Battalion was doing....

Are you ready for what awaits you on October 24th?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #25

FAQ

1. Will Zombie be run/scored like a typical 3-Gun event? No. In fact there will be no numeric score given to any participant. Instead, like in a real life Zombie encounter, you must only survive the interaction with the Zombie. We use the term "shoot" as opposed to "match" for this reason. Again, let me be clear, there will be no numeric scores given at this shoot. Your goal and focus should be on neutralizing the Zombie infection and completing the evolution in the time allotted. If you are looking for a competitive match style event where shooters are ranked in order of their performance, then Zombie may not be for you. Instead, if you want a shoot that is designed to be a fun, safe, theme oriented event, then we believe you will find exactly that at Zombie 2009!

2. How can I tell if I survived the encounter during a shooting evolution? You will be required to complete a specific shooting evolution and several non-shooting evolutions during the day. You will be given what we feel is a fair amount of time to do so. If you complete the stage you survive. If you fail to complete the stage in the proscribed time, hit a no-shoot target or commit a safety violation, you get "ripped". The benefit of the doubt will always go to the shooter.

3. I've heard and read about this term "ripped." What does it mean? In our original 2008 Zombie shoot each participant was issued an index card and if they failed to complete a stage, a portion of their card was torn away or "ripped" by the Range Safety Officer running the evolution. The term "ripped" has stuck with our program to this day. In 2009 you will be issued a laminated Zombie card and instead of it being ripped we will be using a hole punch to designate failure to complete a stage on your Zombie card.

4. So what does it mean if I survive? At the conclusion of the match, all survivors will be issued a special colored prize ticket. Once all shooters have completed the course of fire, we will begin drawing from the pool of survivor tickets. The first ticket pulled will have first pick from the prize table. The second ticket will have second pick and so on. You must be present at the drawing to win.

5. So if I get ripped I might as well go home then? Absolutely not! We have many prizes to give away. After the survivors have picked from the prize table, we will then turn to those with one rip, then two rips, then three rips etc. until there are no prizes left to award.

6. Are there any other ways for me to win prizes at the Zombie shoot? Yes indeed. We will be giving away awards for the Best Zombie Hunting Couple (1), also a prize will be given to the shooter traveling the farthest to shoot with us.(2) We will also have a 50/50 raffle as well.

7. Will there be ammunition for sale at the shoot? No, please plan on bringing what you need and a little bit extra. If you fail to plan properly, you will be at the mercy of your teammates or worse the Zombie Hoard. Take it from me, the Zombies are very unforgiving!

8. I don't have a shotgun or pistol, or rifle can I still compete in the shoot? Well you will need to complete all the evolutions to survive. If you do not have a specific firearm you will be at the mercy of your teammates. You will also need to demonstrate to the RSO staff that you can safely operate any firearm you borrow.

9. What if I wish to dispute being "ripped" on a particular evolution; what is the appeals process? There is no appeal of an RSO ripping you. Their judgment is final.

10. Will there be food available at the shoot? Yes, we will have food available for a modest donation. We have a limited selection so if you are on a strict diet or have any medical conditions that require specific food avoidance; you may be wise to bring your own. I believe our Zombie chef is planning on meatball sandwiches and baked ziti this year.

11. Will there be water/soda etc available on site? Yes, we will have bottled water available for purchase as well as other soft drinks for purchase. As a reminder, no alcoholic beverages are permitted on our premise. Please leave any alcohol at home.

12. What's up with the GSG-AK Raffle? The nice folks at King Shooters Supply were kind enough to donate a GSG-AK rifle to the Practical Rifle Program. We elected to raffle it off to help raise funds for Langhorne Rod and Gun Club and the Action Shooting programs. We have offered tickets for sale to our Zombie participants as well as to those reading the various threads on the Internet Boards where we have advertised the shoot. As such, you do not need to be present to win the GSG-AK Raffle. The rifle can be either picked up at King Shooters Supply in King of Prussia PA during normal business hours or it will be shipped to the FFL of the winner's choosing. Due to ATF regulations, the rifle cannot be transferred at the Zombie Shoot. We will pick a runner up just in case the winner fails the NICS check.

13. How is the airsoft stage being run from a safety perspective? The airsoft stage does not involve pointing an airsoft firearm at any other person. Even so, we have an experienced airsoft competitor operating the stage, and all safety protocols that are used in formal competition shall be employed. These include mandatory protective gear, as well as checks to ensure that no harmful item is brought even accidentally into the defined airsoft arena. All participants will be scanned with a metal detecting wand to ensure that no firearms, ammunition, edged weapons or any other possibly dangerous item enters the airsoft arena.

See you on the 24th!,

Gary

Foot notes:

(1)For the purpose of this match the term "Couple" is defined as one (1) registered adult shooter and an adult companion of the opposite sex. Adult is defined as an individual eighteen years of age or older. The companion does not need to be a registered shooter.

(2) We will use the address on your State issued drivers license to determine farthest distance traveled. i.e I just flew in from xxxxx will not qualify.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #26

Okay...okay... I give...You win! I have received many emails regarding the Best Dressed Zombie Couple Prize. To sum them all up they went something like...."Hey I want to get decked out in my Zombie Hunting gear but my wife/GF/SO has to _____________(fill in the blank) and can't make the shoot. What about me? What kind of prize can I win?"

I have met with our Sponsor Chairperson today and we have created an additional prize category....

BEST DRESSED ZOMBIE HUNTER!

This prize like the couples prize will be awarded to the participant who in the opinion of the judges best reflects the spirit of this event in their attire. You do not need to survive to win this prize. You must however be a registered shooter to win the best Dressed Zombie Hunter.

So all you would be Zombie Hunters, have at it and dress the part. Oh and the value of this prize award will be significantly greater than your registration fee.

So now you can all stop emailing me!

See you on the 24th!

Gary

Old 09-24-2009, 01:04 AM   #27

Here is a little of what awaits our survivors....

Old 10-02-2009, 01:40 AM   #28

A shotgun tip....

For those coming to the Zombie Shoot remember you will be using no larger than 7.5 shot. For those with recoil driven shotguns like the Benelli M1 Super 90 this may cause cycling issues. I would recommend if you have a semi-auto, go run a box of low brass through your gun and see how it reacts. It would be a shame to find out that your ammo doesn't work in your gun the day of the shoot. For those with pumps this should not present a problem. Not all low brass is created equal...

Gary

Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #29

Fellow Zombie Hunters,

Something to keep in mind, it is Fall here in PA and it is very possible that we will have damp conditions. Are you prepared to shoot in the rain? Have you ever shot in the rain? Do you have the right gear? Did you consider bringing a pair of gloves? If you've ever spent time outdoors in a damp cold rain you'll know what happens to your hands.

I invite you to give some consideration and reflect on just how prepared you are for a wet or damp day at the range? Will the $100 battery powered optic you bought instead of the $350 Aimpoint or Eotech actually function?

Well my friends the time to find out the answers to these questions is not on 10/24/2009. One thing Freddy and I have learned after running our practical rifle program for three years in all weather conditions is just how unprepared many of us are for conditions. Let's face it, how many times have you cancelled a shooting date due to poor weather? How many times had you planned to go to the range only to look outside and say....Nah too nasty or worse... I'm not taking my $$$$$ rifle out in that!
My Zombie Shoot thought for the day..... Proper planning prevents poor performance! The Zombies Don't Fear the Rain.... and neither should you!

Gary out.....

Old 10-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #30

Directions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,

Please use Google when getting directions to our Club for Zombie. Please DO NOT TRUST your GPS as we seem to have great difficulty with getting proper coordinates and people get lost.

For those needed a directions to LRGC for Zombie.

1. Go to Google
2. Hit the maps button
3. Insert: 251 Stoneyford Rd, Holland, Bucks, Pennsylvania 18966

This should provide a map to the Club location. We have had real difficulty with GPS and other mapping programs.

Regards,
Gary