2009 Zombie Shoot at LRGC
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > 2009 Zombie Shoot at LRGC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 2009 Zombie Shoot at LRGC

Fellow Zombie Hunters,

We will be hosting our second annual Zombie Shoot on Saturday, October 24th 2009 at the Langhorne Rod and Gun Club in Northampton Township, Bucks County PA. Here is our initial infomercial on the shoot:

We have spent time listening to what you want in a Zombie Shoot and what you don't. Here are three of the major things we learned from your comments:

1. You do not like long lines and long waits between shooting evolutions.
2. You want and expect the range staff to be into the theme of the shoot.
3. You like theatrics and expect all the shooting evolutions should reflect the theme.

Well we heard you at LRGC!

To deal with the lines, we will be limiting the number of shooters at this event. This way we can better manage the flow of the event and limit the waiting. As to our staff and their commitment to the theme, well hopefully the video above gives you a peak into how we plan on running this event. Due to the success of last year's shoot, we have doubled our budget for props, targets and "theatrics" this year. We will also have a prizes for best zombie hunter outfit and best zombie hunting couple. So feel free to bring along your significant other. I'll have more details on this later.

I will post information in this thread as soon as our registration is open. So please check back periodically. We will be requiring pre-registration for this shoot and there will be no walk-on's permitted. Once we sell out, you will be placed on a waiting list. So my suggestion is don't snooze on the registration if this type of shoot is of interest to you.

For those traveling from out of town, we will be working with local hotels in the area to offer discounts to shoot participants. More on that later. For those planning to fly in, either Phila or Newark airports would be suggested. We will have food & drink available for purchase. For safety reasons, alcohol is not permitted on the premises.

If you have any questions please feel free email me at lastdefender@aol.com Also, if you are a vendor and interested in setting up a table at this shoot let me know.

Get Ready...They're Coming,

Gary

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #2

I love America.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #3

Us too!

Old 07-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #4

I SO want to do this. Plus, it's the perfect excuse to buy my AR!

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak1973 View Post
I SO want to do this. Plus, it's the perfect excuse to buy my AR!
Indeed it is! The AR is the most popular platform at this event. Please note if you are flying in, I would suggest avoiding any NJ airports. They have very extreme laws regarding firearms.

Hope to see you in October!

Gary

Old 07-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #6

UPDATE 7/23/09

Fellow Zombie Hunters,

We are planning to open up registration on August 24th. I will post the link to this thread when it's open. Unlike the DPMS event is St. Cloud, we will have a limited number of shooting spots available. The reason for the delay on registration is the overwhelming response from those wanting to provide sponsorship, door and raffle prizes etc. So the delay has allowed us to provide more cool stuff for you!

Take Care,
Gary

Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 AM   #7

Update:

I have just spoken with our Vendor Relations/Prize Chairman. We have over $5000.00 in merchandise so far on our prize table and we're not done yet!

Regards,
Gary

Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #8

Fellow Zombie Hunters,

I thought it might be nice to let you in on some of the prizes that await you from our generous sponsors. Feast your eyes on this from DPMS!

This is a beautiful M4 upper complete with bolt carrier and charging handle.

See you in October....

Gary

Old 08-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #9

Here are some more prizes that await 2009 LRGC Zombie Hunters....

Thanks TAPCO for your support!

Regards,
Gary

Old 08-12-2009, 04:14 AM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastdefender View Post
UPDATE 7/23/09

Fellow Zombie Hunters,

We are planning to open up registration on August 24th. I will post the link to this thread when it's open. Unlike the DPMS event is St. Cloud, we will have a limited number of shooting spots available. The reason for the delay on registration is the overwhelming response from those wanting to provide sponsorship, door and raffle prizes etc. So the delay has allowed us to provide more cool stuff for you!

Take Care,
Gary
So when the hell are you gonna send me my pre-paid airline tickets, the receipt for my hotel check-in and my rental car voucher??

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”