1st IPSC comp
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > 1st IPSC comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default 1st IPSC comp

At last the day finally came when I had my first go at IPSC, now I got the holster course outta the way. VERY much harder than just the previous dozen times I've only been permitted to stand in one spot, load point & shoot. Hillarity ensued (on my part anyway) Think I got a fairly woeful score overall - so much so I chose not to ask what it ended up being lol...

Ahh well, only early days....I have much to learn obviously. Have got more used to the HK now..it's pretty nice, substantial, good feel, no more overt jamming. Can see how it's worth about *cough* 1300 bucks!

pics related

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I didn't know you were a Southpaw. I'm thinking of starting IPSC or IDPA myself and I'm almost sixty. It's not about the points, it's about the training.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah, left-handed, cross eye dominant. Just to make things even more awkward lol (although it's not really an issue with pistol, much more so for longarms - so I'm training myself to shoot right handed)

I know CA, it's about training and getting better, not the score. Have to suppress my natural tendencies to perfectionism and realise that!

hey you'll be happy to know....went to a [rare] gun show today, and got to handle a SAM 1911...very nice! I could possibly be tempted Really noticed the weight of all-steel compared to the polymers I've used at the club; 1100 bucks for the basic 9mm, not too bad compared to others really.

Also favoured a Baretta 92 which had a great action...held a SIG P226 just for the wow value - at $3800 new somehow I don't think that will be an option Pity no one had a HK though, just so I could see the pricing.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Well, sometimes just fondling something is okay.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams