Why is full auto so expensive? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Why is full auto so expensive?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8503 Times on 5083 Posts
Likes Given: 11122

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteZaHut View Post
well that explains it. shows how out of the loop I am. I guess I'll just pull the trigger really fast and pretend
Pretty funny.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM4 View Post
Practice/ Training = Preformance.

Full auto has its uses, often FA is used when you are laying down a zone of fire not trying to "put 1 between the eyes". There seems to be a BS myth that people continue to post that have no 1st hand experance about how terrible inaccurate FA is. With a trained gunner behind the mount FA is very effective, if it was not you wouldnt see every military in the world using FA capable weapons.

As for shoulder fired weapons, learn to shoot burst. No on drives their car with the pedal to the floor all the time, the same is true with MGs. You might say "alittle goes a long way."
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAW308 View Post
I have experience with it. And it does have a use in combat situations, but civilization's have a hard pill to swallow to justify the expense of them. I have made and used them, and think $8500-$10,000 is alot for this ..just my opinion.
I was qualified on both the M-60 and the .50 call BMG when I was in the
Navy. I have no desire for owning anything that is fully automatic. But I
would not mind having all the brass and ammo cans we threw over the side
of the ship back...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 04-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAW308 View Post
I have experience with it. And it does have a use in combat situations, but civilization's have a hard pill to swallow to justify the expense of them. I have made and used them, and think $8500-$10,000 is alot for this ..just my opinion.
It depends on who you are and what your willing to pay for entertainment, people spend many times that on Cars Boats Motor Cycles Vacations Summer homes. It all about whats important to you, most people are not into FA and thats fine, more for me.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #24

Default Non I pad friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
If you want a full auto that bad and cant get a class 3... check this thing out. http://www.rapidfiretriggers.com/

Scroll down to "BMF trigger system" turns your rifle into a gattling gun.
Dang can't see it

Old 05-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have a friend who got out of the Army last year and we got to talking and discussing full auto firearms. his remarks were, they are fun to shoot when someone else is paying for the ammo. he said they used full auto as suppresive fire to keep the enemies heads down. he also said he prefered semi auto over full auto anyday of the week when in combat, that it was way more accurate. so unless you got really deep pockets or a rich uncle named Sam, who will let you play with his guns, it's pretty much out of the reach of the average firearms enthusiast.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #26

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
i have a friend who got out of the Army last year and we got to talking and discussing full auto firearms. his remarks were, they are fun to shoot when someone else is paying for the ammo. he said they used full auto as suppresive fire to keep the enemies heads down. he also said he prefered semi auto over full auto anyday of the week when in combat, that it was way more accurate. so unless you got really deep pockets or a rich uncle named Sam, who will let you play with his guns, it's pretty much out of the reach of the average firearms enthusiast.
How correct this statement is it would be a waist of time to haul out my stuff just to be able to shoot for 2minutes. I cringe just buying a couple boxes anymore.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #27

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
I just sold my 2 FA's a Steyr AUG and a Ruger AC556 because I needed the money elsewere. And the cost of the ammo if you shoot regularly can quickly get expensive but so was my Goldwing with insurance, add-ons, riding gear, etc. I will get another, or couple of FA's in the future but for the fun of it. Not intending to start a war. And my thought on FA, if I ever had to actually use it in a SHTF moment, is to get the BG's to go somewhere else. Like the suppresive fire concept. I guarantee you light off a FA when some BG's come around, they will more than likely decide to go somewhere else. That works for me.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #28

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

When has an American civilian every used a FA to stop a crime? Why would a BG fear a machine gun any more than the "Racking" of 12 ga Rem. 870.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

I would prefer to send them somewhere else with one well placed shot. If you catch my drift.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #30

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
When has an American civilian every used a FA to stop a crime? Why would a BG fear a machine gun any more than the "Racking" of 12 ga Rem. 870.
Since the MS13 dudes in my city come in groups, I guarantee a 870 will not scare them one bit. Come down here and see how BG's really operate.