Why is full auto so expensive? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Why is full auto so expensive?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
If you want a full auto that bad and cant get a class 3... check this thing out. http://www.rapidfiretriggers.com/

Scroll down to "BMF trigger system" turns your rifle into a gattling gun.
%100 junk, dont waste your money. If your not going to bite the bullet and buy a transferable the Slide fire would be the next best thing. Hellfire triggers , Gat Triggers, Cranks, all are a joke and sad attemp that FA simulation at best. A fool and his money....

Google any of the above and see how many people actually like them that have them. Disreguard the 1 guy who will pipe up who likes them and plays the " its all I can afford and it works great because I dont know any better" card.

2011 FUN GUN SHOOT
SOUTH DAKOTA'S LARGEST MACHINE GUN SHOOT
www.fungunshoot.com

Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM4

%100 junk, dont waste your money. If your not going to bite the bullet and buy a transferable the Slide fire would be the next best thing. Hellfire triggers , Gat Triggers, Cranks, all are a joke and sad attemp that FA simulation at best. A fool and his money....

Google any of the above and see how many people actually like them that have them. Disreguard the 1 guy who will pipe up who likes them and plays the " its all I can afford and it works great because I dont know any better" card.
My posting was meant as a joke.. I sense some anger in your post, did you get burned by these guys or something?

I was actually hoping the OP would look at the demonstration video and realize I was kidding. I don't think (or hope) anyone in their right mind would purchase a firearm attachment from a company that cannot even update the promos they use to sell a product.. and if they did purchase something from them, it would only work if they bought the tight shirt and "terminator" sunglasses to go with it...

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #13

More annoyance then any kind of anger that these jokers are still selling those pieces of junk to unexpecting people, I have had a few freinds that bought them. Needless to say all were VERY unhappy.

...and if they did purchase something from them, it would only work if they bought the tight shirt and "terminator" sunglasses to go with it...

Thats funny.

2011 FUN GUN SHOOT
www.fungunshoot.com

Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM4
More annoyance then any kind of anger that these jokers are still selling those pieces of junk to unexpecting people, I have had a few freinds that bought them. Needless to say all were VERY unhappy.

...and if they did purchase something from them, it would only work if they bought the tight shirt and "terminator" sunglasses to go with it...

Thats funny.
I can understand that. I ordered a part for my SKS online, when I received it in the mail there was a flier in the envelope for that crap.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #15

Full auto is useless unless you have endless ammo like the Government!! After 50 or so yards, your shot groups dramatically increase from 1 foot @ 20 yrds, to 6 feet @ 100 yrds. Trigger control, means less ammo, = more down targets!!

Old 04-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #16

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Stupid analogy, but like the availablity of beachfront property - there are only so many transferable (John Q Public civvie-legal) full-autos available in the "pool".

I doubt if we'll ever see the illegally-passed May 86 ban lifted as there is NO political capital to gain from any politician to risk the attempt. So if you must play, you must pay.

Take heart, full-auto is overrated at today's ammo prices.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAW308 View Post
Full auto is useless unless you have endless ammo like the Government!! After 50 or so yards, your shot groups dramatically increase from 1 foot @ 20 yrds, to 6 feet @ 100 yrds. Trigger control, means less ammo, = more down targets!!

Practice/ Training = Preformance.

Full auto has its uses, often FA is used when you are laying down a zone of fire not trying to "put 1 between the eyes". There seems to be a BS myth that people continue to post that have no 1st hand experance about how terrible inaccurate FA is. With a trained gunner behind the mount FA is very effective, if it was not you wouldnt see every military in the world using FA capable weapons.

As for shoulder fired weapons, learn to shoot burst. No on drives their car with the pedal to the floor all the time, the same is true with MGs. You might say "alittle goes a long way."

2011 FUN GUN SHOOT
www.fungunshoot.com

Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #18

I have experience with it. And it does have a use in combat situations, but civilization's have a hard pill to swallow to justify the expense of them. I have made and used them, and think $8500-$10,000 is alot for this ..just my opinion.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #19

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAW308 View Post
I have experience with it. And it does have a use in combat situations, but civilization's have a hard pill to swallow to justify the expense of them. I have made and used them, and think $8500-$10,000 is alot for this ..just my opinion.
I would agree with that; I got into the game when your tax-stamp was as much or more than your gun, I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I dropped $15K++ on a West Hurley 1927 when they were introduced new in the 70's for about $600.00.

And went unsold.

$8500.00 is pretty much a tube-gun these days; assembled with $20.00 worth of pipe, $100.00 parts kit... What a STEN goes for today is pure stupidity by the pound.

Sad that NFA has become a rich-man's game, but so has gulf-front property in Florida. And I surely will never subscribe to those "creek-rat" forum's discussions of a second mortage or re-fi to buy a gun back in the day.

Really? Risk your home for a toy?

Wonder how many mortgage bailouts we taxpayers are NOW doing so as to help pay for some creek-rat's MG42 purchase in the 90's. They're behind in their payments or filed bankruptcy - but they still have their MG42.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

A well trained sniper will take out more folks than any idjit with a FA firearm.. Full auto is a waste of money and ammunition in my opinion.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"