Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Why do business with a company that does not want it?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5302 Times on 2768 Posts
Likes Given: 334

If they are dumb enough to block out a huge segment of their customer base that's their business. No matter how stupid it is. They have every right to do business with whom they please or not, just as you have a right to take your business else where. But there is no point to going off half-cocked.

I don't think its unamerican to have the policy they have. Sounds like its one they have had for a long time and you ignored it and signed anyway or didn't bother to read TOS...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-05-2011, 04:51 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
sigp250 - First and only warning. Lon is a member of this forum in good standing, is a Southern gentlemen and is one hell of a fine 2A advocate.

What he is asking for, is more information to support your cause. Nothing less.

It's a reasonable request.

If you want the ample support of the FTF Community, one that ranks in the top 20 of "firearms websites" in the whole of the Internet and ranks 11th in "Firearms and other Weapons" forums, I would tread a little lighter and with a little more respect.

These fine men and women support the 2A, and they are willing to take up pen for any good cause, but insulting one of their own is not a great way to go about embracing them.

Your choice.

JD
JD,

My post was purely informational. Your forum does have an FFL section and that is where I posted.

It is true, I don't have 8,000 posts but when I do write, I try to make my topics relevant. This topic may be considered general in nature from a 2A perspective but It is specific to FFL's and those who have questions about FFL's and the business.

The responder has chosen to edit his responses and is now asking for more information in his revised posts.

I responded to his original replies where no mention of a request tor additional information was made.

I too like to think of myself as a gentleman. I am a respected NRA and
NSSF member and Supporter.

I have had the good fortune to be successful in my primary profession for 38 years. It has nothing to do with guns or sports, except sports stadiums.

As a long time hunting, sports shooter. I had a vision to develop a Sportsman's outfitter business that caters to those who seek good service and exceptionally fair prices.

This business model is simple and nearly the same as the profession that has allowed me the to venture into operating a firearms business.

I have an excellent record of repeat business. This is not solely based on my prices. It has much to do about spending time with all customers how ever I can help them.

Matter of fact, I have no problems with my banks either. I'm a preferred customer with good cash flow and an excellent credit rating.

Every shop owner and every private business can deny service under most conditions without cause. That is their right and it should be respected.

Shop owners also have same 2A rights that every law abiding citizen does.

Guns are not for everyone just as any hobby or sport might not appeal to everyone.

I'm sure you are aware that the NRA publishes a list of corporations, organizations and even a listing of celebrities who are anti-gun.

They all have their reasons. Liability is always a good excuse for businesses and there is some merit and justification for their policies.

At the same time, there is equal justification on behalf of those of us who wish to exercise our 2A rights and not support companies that want to see our rights taken from us.

I hope this serves as fair additional information.

Last edited by sigp250; 04-05-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:08 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
If they are dumb enough to block out a huge segment of their customer base that's their business. No matter how stupid it is. They have every right to do business with whom they please or not, just as you have a right to take your business else where. But there is no point to going off half-cocked.

I don't think its unamerican to have the policy they have. Sounds like its one they have had for a long time and you ignored it and signed anyway or didn't bother to read TOS...
Jon,

This is exactly my point. There are other "middle man" gateways. I will have another tomorrow, maybe at a better rate.

Besides my 2A rant, the post was to be informational for the FFL's that frequent this forum. Many small to medium firearms dealers use this company and may be no more aware of this obscure policy than I was. Except for this shocking policy revelation, I have found them to be a good company and have had no problems with their service.

Will I recommend them to any merchant? NO
Will I crusade to harm their business? NO

It is only un-American if you think of every anti gun activist as one who is willing to give up rights of others to benefit themselves.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #14

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp250 View Post
The responder has chosen to edit his responses and is now asking for more information in his revised posts.
Not true. I edited two posts because I needed to tone down my language.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Will I recommend them to any merchant? NO
Will I crusade to harm their business? NO
Sure sounds like a crusade to me......."I have informed Power Pay of your anti American Gun policy and your infringement on the Constitutional Second Amendment rights of all Law abiding U.S. Citizens.

Please be aware that the Federal Trade Commission will be informed of you actions to harm my business. The FTC does investigate cases such as this where a paid service provider suddenly changes policy or in your case, got around to reviewing my account after approving it two years ago.

Rest assured that I will be doing my best to inform all 300,000 + Federally licensed gun dealers collectors in the U.S. That it is against your policy for them to be doing business with you and that they should terminate their agreement with Authorize.net and find another Merchant Gateway immediately.

As a Courtesy, I will be sending all licensed dealers a list of Gun Friendly Merchant Services Gateways who do not impose unrealistic restrictions on legal U.S. businesses. This includes a mailing to every Sporting Goods retailer who also sells firearms or ammunition.

My Case will also be brought before NRA-ILA. Millions of gun owners will want to be made aware of ANY merchant who does business with a company who engages in anti American policies that infringe on their Constitutional rights. There are over 4,000,000 NRA members and thousands of affiliates who will be informed of your policy.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #16

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Not true. I edited two posts because I needed to tone down my language.
Hey Lon, how did you manage to edit your posts after the replies but make the timestamp look like you edited them before the replies were posted

Old 04-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Hey Lon, how did you manage to edit your posts after the replies but make the timestamp look like you edited them before the replies were posted

I'm sure SigP250 has an explanation for that, Aus.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I'm sure SigP250 has an explanation for that, Aus.
Quite simply. I was still writing to the moderator while you continued to fire.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Quite simply. I was still writing to the moderator while you continued to fire.
Oh, you mean you were telling on me?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #20

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Oh, you mean you were telling on me?
Somebody needs to...

BTW, this company is not violating your rights - they are merely choosing who they do business with which is perfectly within their rights. I reckon their "powers that be" determined they can live without gun related business...

Last edited by NGIB; 04-05-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Closed Thread