Whoopee! Tx.P&W dept. OK's Suppressors for Hunting
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Whoopee! Tx.P&W dept. OK's Suppressors for Hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1169 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 567

Default Whoopee! Tx.P&W dept. OK's Suppressors for Hunting

The Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. voted to allow suppressors for hunting all game species.
It was passed. Finally the powers that be,listened to common sense and not all of the anti-gunners/hunters.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20120330b&nrtype=all&nrspan=2012&nrsearch=

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5498 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

oh that is simply awesome!! im soooooo usig my 30cal suppressor on my next trip to tejas!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1356 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

God Bless Texas. There are a few states that still have balls.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Absolutely great new for us. However, this just means a bigger logjam at the BATFE for approvals. Can't wait to see how long it takes for my next Form 4 approval since it will be for another FA purchase in about a year. By then, my guess is the backlog will be a year or more. Great, just great.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #5

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

It says that Silencers are legal and used in 39 states including Texas. didn't know that.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1356 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
It says that Silencers are legal and used in 39 states including Texas. didn't know that.

I didn't know that many states had made it legal, but I think "Legal" here is a relative term. It can be legal but if it's still an incredible and expensive hassle to get approval then it's almost not worth going through it.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Last edited by 7point62; 04-02-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5498 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
I didn't know that many states had made it legal, but I think "Legal" here is a relative term. It can be legal but if it's still an incredible and expensive hassle to get approval then it's almost not worth going through it.
suppressors arent that expensive in gun terms. a decent suppressor including tax runs about the same cost as most guns. some states its a big hassle most its not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativH View Post
Absolutely great new for us. However, this just means a bigger logjam at the BATFE for approvals. Can't wait to see how long it takes for my next Form 4 approval since it will be for another FA purchase in about a year. By then, my guess is the backlog will be a year or more. Great, just great.
im still waiting on my last tax stamp for a suppressor from back in september *sigh*

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #8

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Back years ago in Germany you had to use a silencer near Urban areas when shooting Boar. Silencers were common before the radical gun laws were passed in 1934. There was never a problem with them. The Liberal Democrats passed the Machine gun law and added everything they could to it. This also banned shoulder stocks to hand guns. Now shoulder stocks for hand guns was a real problem. Damn