wholesellers???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > wholesellers???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default wholesellers???

I'm starting the procces of getting my FFL, and have been looking around to find places to buy firearms. I'm looking to cater to law enforcment mainly, what are some good, reputable companys to buy from?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2969 Times on 1712 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Welcome to the FTF!
Your question has been answered in the FFL section, but first, I would suggest that you stop by "Introductions".

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #3

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Moved...........................

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #4

Location: South Sioux City, NE soon moving to Kansas City, KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkennedy122 View Post
I'm starting the procces of getting my FFL, and have been looking around to find places to buy firearms. I'm looking to cater to law enforcment mainly, what are some good, reputable companys to buy from?

Perhaps you don't realize that anywhere you can buy guns from that police depts. can order direct without you and not have to pay the Federal Excise Tax on the guns like the guns you sell will be charged, right off the bat dealing with police is a 10% cut off the top.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #5

"Wholesalers"

I'm an FFL holder as I needed one to ship and receive for my re-finish biz.
I really did not care to have one as my little business is a side business for me. Something I started to help me make a buck during my retirement years.
But the Fed's say I need one to re-finish guns, and to ship and receive.
You'll not make any decent money trying to compete with all of the people now trying to sell retail on Gunbroker.com
Example: Currently there are 350 Ruger LCP's for sale there. Most all are NEW.
I've seen, and see many sell for anywhere from $1.00 to $5.00 over cost. That is a negative considering your costs to maintain an FFL, the price to ave the piece shipped to you, and the price to run the auction.
There are many more examples of new firearms being sold at, or at near cost on the Internet.

Thomas Jefferson: "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book,"

Last edited by NwGun; 08-20-2010 at 08:36 PM.