Wholesalers Good and Bad - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Wholesalers Good and Bad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbb35
bearrwe: I started my business after I lost my job in this hope and change economy. So I don't need you to tell me stuff happens. I have a family and a mortgage, so if I'm "working out of a boat", the darn thing has holes in it. You don't know me, so let me tell you that I will "play nice" until its impossible to do otherwise. You certainly have no idea about how I will make decisions, so go roll your eyes or whatever your cute little graphic means at somebody else.

My point is simply this, if you are in business to sell wholesale firearms, then sell them. Don't pick and choose who you sell them to. You might as well open a taco stand and have a policy that you only sell to Hispanics. So, I am not asking anyone to "cater" to me individually. I'm just not a fan of discriminatory business practices in general. If you disagree with me, fine. But you need to take a step back and not attempt to lecture someone you don't know about how and why they will make decisions. That's called talking out of your rear end, and it is not particularly useful.
Sorry you got all hurt. The roll eyes that offended you was more in reference to the notion that the dust was also my competition. By the way you might run into that also. The working out of a boat was a reference to you not having the overhead I couldn't care less About your decision making whys and why nots, I only said like you these businesses make decisions and they decided to limit their business. I know that some manufacturers will not sell to wholesalers that sell to non stocking dealers at the same price. As far as the taco reference it's kind of like your a taco cart parking in front of a Mexican restaurant and the local butcher doesn't want to lose the bigger business in order to sell you a few hundred dollars worth of meat. Is it right, maybe not but when you get a actual shop and that distributer that wouldn't sell to you in your garage offer you a better deal for buying more than the distributer who sold to anybody you might find yourself taking it because you need every penny to survive. And I'm not lecturing you, I stated my thoughts, not yours, as someone that has started a shop and worked for others in this field for many years. If someone not seeing things the same way as you is "talking out their rear end" you my have a tough road ahead!

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

ktmboyz Likes This 
Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #12

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

It's a miraacle you got an FFL without a store front. Most people in my area that didn't have a store front lost their FFL 15 years ago. I sold a hell of a lot more than 30 guns and I never took a Davidsons order. You should count your blessings and move on.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 09-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #13

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
It's a miraacle you got an FFL without a store front. Most people in my area that didn't have a store front lost their FFL 15 years ago. I sold a hell of a lot more than 30 guns and I never took a Davidsons order. You should count your blessings and move on.
Not a miracle at all, there are quite a bit of us "Kitchen table" guys. The hardest part is more the zoning laws of you local area. As long as you follow the rules and intend to engage in the business the ATF could care less.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #14

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Not a miracle at all, there are quite a bit of us "Kitchen table" guys. The hardest part is more the zoning laws of you local area. As long as you follow the rules and intend to engage in the business the ATF could care less.
I live in the county. The area I live in is zoned light commercial/residential. I have never had a violation nor have any crimes been committed with any of the hundreds of guns I sold. My books were straight, not that anyone came to inspect them.

I wasn't the only one that lost his FFL at the time. Several saw it coming, and got a cheap storefront in an office center. Almost half the shooter at the skeet range I was shooting at during that time had an FFL.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I live in the county. The area I live in is zoned light commercial/residential. I have never had a violation nor have any crimes been committed with any of the hundreds of guns I sold. My books were straight, not that anyone came to inspect them.

I wasn't the only one that lost his FFL at the time. Several saw it coming, and got a cheap storefront in an office center. Almost half the shooter at the skeet range I was shooting at during that time had an FFL.
Wondering if that had something to do with the zoning board. It just doesn't sit right with the rules I've read and maybe they changed them since then.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I like camfour but they also aggravate the hell out of me. Their website is difficult to use and they have a HUGE inventory of guns they won't sell to us because we are located in Massachusetts (so are they). I asked what they would do if we pushed the issue (technically it is illegal). They said they would just drop us. It really cuts down on our online gun sales and increases our costs because we have to order non-compliant firearms elsewhere. It's a pita but it is what it is. Other than that I can't complain about them and honestly our handler Chris is awesome.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #17

I have accounts at both Davidson's and Sports south & order way more from sports south.
Why? Simple reason, If I order more than $300-350 worth from sports south they ship it free. Davidsons? Not even when I placed an order for over $1600 worth of firearms at one time.
The sales guy even had the hutzpah to tell me that they lost over $6 million dollars in S&H charges last year Yeah rriigghhtt, pull the other one.

William shooting supplies has a habit of having the oddest guns in quantities. As an example, I was looking for 2 Ruger sp101's in .327 magnum for a customer, Davidsons, Sports South, Lipseys nada, no luck. All allocated or zeros, Will Shoot had 32 of them.
Another time, different gun, everyone else allocated, Willshoot had 640 of them! I think they bought the entire run.

Last edited by SteveA; 11-08-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: additional comments

Old 11-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
I have accounts at both Davidson's and Sports south & order way more from sports south.
Why? Simple reason, If I order more than $300-350 worth from sports south they ship it free. Davidsons? Not even when I placed an order for over $1600 worth of firearms at one time.
The sales guy even had the hutzpah to tell me that they lost over $6 million dollars in S&H charges last year Yeah rriigghhtt, pull the other one.

William shooting supplies has a habit of having the oddest guns in quantities. As an example, I was looking for 2 Ruger sp101's in .327 magnum for a customer, Davidsons, Sports South, Lipseys nada, no luck. All allocated or zeros, Will Shoot had 32 of them.
Another time, different gun, everyone else allocated, Willshoot had 640 of them! I think they bought the entire run.
Yeah Sports South don't like us home based guys. I like Williams Shooting Supplies too, it seems like not to many dealers use them so they have a lot of the hard to get guns that distributors allocate.

Member:

Old 11-22-2012, 01:48 AM   #19

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Also wanted to add JSE Surplus to the list of GOOD guys. They're excellent to use if you're looking into doing custom AR builds.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have had good luck with LM Burney and Lipsey's.