what are the pros of getting an ffl? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > what are the pros of getting an ffl?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3145 Times on 1810 Posts
Likes Given: 1342

Please remember that the free advice you are seeking on the internet is worth as much as you pay for.

We are not lawyers or BATF agents. What you are being told is from our experience.

I suggest that you contact the BATF and a lawyer.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 08-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #12

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Danf_fl I think I should put that in my signature good call, I did forget he is a young kid too.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am getting mine from my home. (Ohio). I have to have a legal business started/ filed with the state. A federal tax iD number. A vendors license. Just from the state. Then I need a home occupations permit from the city to meet their zoning requirement since I will be running a business from my home in city limits. Kind of sucks. Once that is accomplished, I can send in my atf application.

If they sense that you are trying to get FFL just to improve your collection, you will get denied. They are very tough on that. That is not what the license is for. Keep in mind that this is for my state and city/ county. I am betting your will be different. Like others said, contact local atf office and a lawyer.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

with the exception of the C & R license, all of the rest are for engaging in business for profit, not personal gain. they are not for buying firearms for you personal collection, but for conducting business for potential profit. if it was for building up a personal collection or private use, there would be way more FFL holders than there are now! i would have one also for just that reason.