Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > What are the perks of having a collector's license?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default What are the perks of having a collector's license?

And how do you go about getting one?

Last edited by DerickVonD; 02-06-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

You can get C&R guns shipped to your door. Some places give you dealer pricing I think. Other than that I don't know as I don't have one.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

If you go to the ATF website, it will explain the benefits.

I have a C&R permit and it allows me to travel from state to state and buy C&R type weapons without having to be a citizen of the state from which I am buying.

For $30.00 for three years, it is a good deal. You can never tell where you are going to find that particular weapon that you have been looking for.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5495 Times on 3112 Posts
Likes Given: 4770

I've saved a lot of money since I got mine.

Golda Meier.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3644

I've spent more since I got mine.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 AM   #6

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

I got mine last summer and I love having my C&R license. I get military surplus guns shipped directly to my house saving $25 FFL transfer fee each time. So there is already a $200 savings so far just on FFL transfer fees.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It's worth having.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-07-2013, 02:56 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8624 Times on 3736 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

I'm a resident of VA. Traveling on business, I take in a gun show in Denver. Lovely little Colt Woodsman, price is right- but as a resident of another state, I can't buy it, except by getting the seller to ship it ($67) to a VA dealer who would transfer it to me ($50). But wait- I have my C&R, which allows me to collect C&R guns at any location. I sign a copy of my license, give to seller with money, take my gun, leave.

New Years Eve, got a PM from a member here- nice little Mossberg 51 at a dealer in Maine. Called them New Years day- we agreed on price, gave them credit card number, emailed them my license, and 4 days later, mailman brought me my rifle.

Local gun shop- copy of my license on file. C&R gun I like, I pay them, get receipt marked "03 FFL on file." No filling out 4473, no waiting or paying for background check. Elapsed time- 15 seconds.

Order from on-line wholesalers. Order from Numrich or Brownells, get discount. Most fun you can have for $30 without the risk of catching something.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 909 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Down side, radar. You will be on it. After you get the licence, don't keep anything at the ffl address you can't loose in a heartbeat if the man chooses to raid you. Far fetched. 1500 guns, ammo, computers, and who knows what all was confiscated just a day or so ago from one licence holder.

The feds are funny people, they will do favors for one guy, and arrest someone else for little or nothing, just cause.
If the licence is at all connected to your home, in any way, walls, guns going back and forth, mailing a business letter from your home, or getting a business letter at your home, forwarding your business phone to your home phone, talking about guns at home, or on the phone at home, and everything in your home can be seized.

Ate lunch at your mother's house lately? Hope your mom won't miss all her stuff, or hope she can make bail.

I was an ffl holder, class 2. I had friends in the bureau. I also had people that did my books, that put the fear of god in me.

I never want another ffl. Not in this WWII SS government.

Last edited by AR10; 02-07-2013 at 11:25 AM.