Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > What does a class 3 get you these days ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 952 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Default What does a class 3 get you these days ?

In my younger and dumber days we called the hardware store over in the other county about dynamite and were told we needed a C3 to buy it and the caps .
No surprise there .
Does one c3 allow you to just be a general badass ? Buy a mp5 and get a dozen sticks of tnt for free ?

IS there one for F/A weapons and other destructive devices then another for explosives ? Or is it a one deal gets it all ?

What kind of scissors do your need to cut the red tape '' requirements '' for John Doe to get one ? Hair and stool sample and a secrete hand shake ? lol

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #2

A Class 3 license is required to deal in Class 3 weapons (sbr, sbs, automatic weapons, etc). Has naught to do with buying and owning

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Firearms

Old 11-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8329 Times on 3601 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Mr. Smith is correct. There is no Class III license to possess firearms. Common misconception.

Now, I have never claimed to be a badass- heard there are only 5 badass people in the world (but I DO get Christmas cards from 4 of them )

However, I do work with commercial explosives. Much of this is regulated under the Federal Safe Explosives Act, and various state licensing agencies. Under Fed law you can be licensed as the Responsible person, or an Employee Possessor. Sales are regulated by the BATFE, and you will need one of those licenses to buy and possess explosives. States license you to USE explosives. I am licensed as a Master in 5 states, any explosive, any quantity, mining, construction, demolition, and research. I am certified to instruct in one other state, and serve on a couple of the licensing boards.

Yeah, neighbors worry about me- but their dog stays in his own yard.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #4

Liked 1063 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Mr. Smith is correct. There is no Class III license to possess firearms. Common misconception.

Now, I have never claimed to be a badass- heard there are only 5 badass people in the world (but I DO get Christmas cards from 4 of them )

However, I do work with commercial explosives. Much of this is regulated under the Federal Safe Explosives Act, and various state licensing agencies. Under Fed law you can be licensed as the Responsible person, or an Employee Possessor. Sales are regulated by the BATFE, and you will need one of those licenses to buy and possess explosives. States license you to USE explosives. I am licensed as a Master in 5 states, any explosive, any quantity, mining, construction, demolition, and research. I am certified to instruct in one other state, and serve on a couple of the licensing boards.

Yeah, neighbors worry about me- but their dog stays in his own yard.

Now that is a skill I would love to have. I have always liked things that go bang. It is amazing to me to watch building demo with explosives.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8329 Times on 3601 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Building demo is easy. Buildings WANT to fall down- find what is keeping them from falling, and remove THAT. Building then takes itself down.

Demo'ing ONLY what you want to, well........... THAT is another matter!

Here is a very nice, very unusual shot by the folks of CDI. The concrete structure was dropped onto a thick bed of sand to minimize vibration to other structures in the area.

The Kingdome in Seattle gets blown up (or down) - YouTube

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #6

Liked 952 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 515

C3 , there is a nice plot of land for sale beside me if your interested .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.