Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > websites/ payment method

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Dallas... not willingly.,TEXAS... if I don't type it as big as possible, they'll kick me out.
Default websites/ payment method

So all the guns I've had have been paid for with cash. All the guns I've ever seen bought have been paid for with cash. I literally have never seen anyone use any other method. But then again... never seen a woman buy a gun, so maybe that explains the absence of credit cards? So, about what amount of your patrons pay with what method?

Also, I'm planning on setting up a business website but don't know jack short of squat about services. Well, that's not true. I know squat. I don't know Jack.

Anyway- If I had a mind to make a business website, how'd I go about doing that? What server would I go with?

were there is a will, there is a way, even if it's not easily recognizable.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Don't know a thing about servers but I can tell you in my experience most customers paid with a card.
If you're setting up online I would avoid PayPal. They are not gun friendly and will screw you if they get the chance.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1459 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Most of the guns I have bought on line required a postal money order for payment. Most of what I buy are C&R's and come from collectors rather than dealers and most I deal with don't trust Cashiers Checks. I have bought from a few that excepted credit cards but they charged 3% extra if you use the card its probably worth it because if there is a problem with what you ordered that gives you more options.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by string1946; 08-23-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I take a lot of deposits to order guns via credit card. I have had some people pay for their firearms via credit card. Stay away from Paypal due to their antigun views.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #5

Liked 1109 Times on 720 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

I think only 5 or 6 of my firearms transactions have been with a CC . Most all of mine are done as a cash transaction . Thats just my prefered method to pay

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 08-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #6

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I prefer cash as well and it saves you CC fees. I'd rather my LGS be upfront about the CC charges versus building in 3% to every transaction.