Walmart Boycott!!!!! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Walmart Boycott!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 01:03 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
A business can refuse service to anyone. Why would you think Walmart or any company would be legally required to sell anyone anything?
No,they don't have to sell anyone anything,but you'd think a retailer with an FFL license selling guns wouldn't take it upon theirselves to make up their own ammunition "laws".

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #32
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Ninja,

It goes back to the fact their are morons in any business or profession you deal with. Obviously here in Tennessee most of the folks that work for Wal-Mart in the sporting goods section are very knowledgeable or even hunters and shooters themselves! I have had nothing but outstanding experience with them here when it comes to anything concerning firearms, ammunition or anything similar. And that is the thing that makes me furious is when people are working in areas without any knowledge of the area or product and try to BS you or interpret what they think the rules are when they do not know.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #33

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I dont think a letter to walmart corporate would be a good idea in this case as the "customers" lost their temper and swore at an employee. To me they lose the arguement right there.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #34

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I believe it was c3shooter who informed me of this one. It has something to do with different laws regarding pistol ammo, and different laws regarding rifle ammo. I think you have to be 21 to buy pistol ammo, 18 to buy rifle (or long gun) ammo. Just to keep it simple, always claim it's rifle ammo when it comes to .22. Especially if it's .22lr, because then you definitely won't be lying as LR means "Long Rifle" I know that's really just the name of the chambering, but the word "rifle" is on the box.
1) I'M 50 years old. Even if I said "it's for a pistol", they would have to sell it to me.

2) I always say "it's for a rifle"- but how can anybody prove or verify

that?

This, IMO, is just more RKBA infringement meddling.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #35

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger View Post
I dont think a letter to walmart corporate would be a good idea in this case as the "customers" lost their temper and swore at an employee. To me they lose the arguement right there.
The problem is that I was the actual customer and I never lost my temper,it was my buddy who lost his temper because they wouldn't accept his payment for what I was going to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
1) I'M 50 years old. Even if I said "it's for a pistol", they would have to sell it to me.

2) I always say "it's for a rifle"- but how can anybody prove or verify

that?

This, IMO, is just more RKBA infringement meddling.
I sometimes say "both" or"I don't know"because I never know if i'll be in the mood that particular day to shoot my .22 pistol or .22 rifle.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 11-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #36

In Kentucky, I do not recall anyone asking my age at Walmart or any other gun store when buying ammo.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
In Kentucky, I do not recall anyone asking my age at Walmart or any other gun store when buying ammo.
thats because kentucky is lucky

Old 11-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #38

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
OK,it's my own land first of all,lots of hunters lose ammo and second,Walmart is basically already saying"we don't want your kids to hunt,because we judge it illegal for you to buy ammo for your children to hunt with"Do you find it right if your son wanted to pick his own ammunition to hunt with his first year when he's 14 or whatever and Walmart won't sell it to you?In the end this will all hurt Walmart more than anyone when people Boycott them in one area after another.
I also live in michigan and not to far from u im down here in flint, i also shop at walmart,and am 32 i have been carded several times, 1 it is michigan law to always have your id on you no matter what there is no excuse, 2 it is store policy for them to card you for any sale that deals with ammo, guns, paint ball guns,airsoft, knifes, etc. I do know that i have bought plenty of ammo for my kid and they knew it was for my kid. thats differnt im his guardian. But i have bught for friends usally when they are short of money and they just let me make up the differnce in those cases i just get what i need. Some times i get carded sometimes i dont but they are always suppose to card you. so just remeber to keep id on you

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Old 11-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn

I also live in michigan and not to far from u im down here in flint, i also shop at walmart,and am 32 i have been carded several times, 1 it is michigan law to always have your id on you no matter what there is no excuse, 2 it is store policy for them to card you for any sale that deals with ammo, guns, paint ball guns,airsoft, knifes, etc. I do know that i have bought plenty of ammo for my kid and they knew it was for my kid. thats differnt im his guardian. But i have bught for friends usally when they are short of money and they just let me make up the differnce in those cases i just get what i need. Some times i get carded sometimes i dont but they are always suppose to card you. so just remeber to keep id on you
I am a flint native as well. I transplanted out of flint a few years back, but my heart is still in that wasteland of a city.
But yeah, f*ck walmart. I go to meijer if I absolutely have to, but I keep my money local. Not as cheap, but my money helps put my neighbors kids through college or whatever. Not line the fat cat walton familys pockets with money.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #40
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

AHHHH, Flint and Saginasty.....whenever i think my adopted home is a $H!THOLE city, i just need to think back to the cities of my youth (altho i spent more time in BayCity and Saginasty then in Flint)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!