Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Walmart Boycott!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

So did Walmart brake any laws by not selling him the ammo? It's not a straw purchase. Can Walmart legally refuse to sell an item? Personally I'd call your family attorney & ask him. You will get a lot of opinions here but not the actual law.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 11-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #22

Liked 269 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I've only been into Walmart twice and that was in the early 1990's. Alot of the people who shop there just totally are disgusting in appearance. The kids are unruley brats most of the time and the whole atmospere there depresses me. I absolutely refuse to go there.

Walmart is a very, very, scary place.

Last edited by mrm14; 11-18-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #23

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I agree with this. Many Wally Mart managers are anti-gun, you just

got refused a sale because of a couple of store employee's political beliefs

corrupting the free trade of Wal-Mart.

So, when I buy 22LR ammo, why do they always ask if it's for a pistol

or rifle?
Who really GAF?
I believe it was c3shooter who informed me of this one. It has something to do with different laws regarding pistol ammo, and different laws regarding rifle ammo. I think you have to be 21 to buy pistol ammo, 18 to buy rifle (or long gun) ammo. Just to keep it simple, always claim it's rifle ammo when it comes to .22. Especially if it's .22lr, because then you definitely won't be lying as LR means "Long Rifle" I know that's really just the name of the chambering, but the word "rifle" is on the box.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #24
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5654 Times on 3323 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
...and she comes over and is all saying"NO,YOU CAN'T PAY FOR AMMO FOR ANOTHER PERSON,THIS IS MICHIGAN LAW AND THAT'S A STRAW SALE"!!!!!

...and she says"we can argue all day but i'm right and will always be right!!".
I would send a letter or email to the wallyworld headquarters over in AR, and explain the lack of knowledge on the part of their staff in regards to "straw sales". I would also report the "...always be right" bit; the ideal is "the customer is always right". She should not have expressed it that way; a simple but definitive "i am sorry, but we can't sell it to you" should've been enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
My biggest thing is the lying.

And also-I'll never figure out why a few years ago they confiscated a can of spraypaint and wouldn't sell it to me because I forgot my ID.
Never discount stupidity; they may have simply not understood the law.

Spray paint confiscation was probably related to reports of kids huffing paint, kinda like the ID check they were doing on Coleman lantern fuel (meth production). It seems silly, but the probably got sued at some location or other by some scummy lawyer for brain damage to some kid who was probably already brain-damaged by his upbringing.

It is really hard to control friends sometimes when they get agitated. In similarly tragic retail situations, I try (tis a struggle) to stay calm and keep it simple and to mention that there are other places i could take my business. I hate shopping; it makes me tense.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Last edited by orangello; 11-18-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #25

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Is there only ONE Walmart in your town or no other place to buy ammo?

I concur, it may have been irritating and you both got upset over it, but there is a simple, although slightly inconvenient solution....

Next Walmart or place to buy ammo....hit an ATM machine or let your buddy buy the ammo and you keep your mouth shut.

Problem solved. Next!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
So, when I buy 22LR ammo, why do they always ask if it's for a pistol or rifle? Who really GAF?
The correct answer is: *For my machinegun!*

I bought some ammo for my wife this very afternoon at Walrus...oh em gee...straw purchase!

Today was the first time I have ever been asked to show id when buying ammo.
All she wanted to see was whether I had a license from my state...that's it.

This store still carries firearms and was very busy today as deer season opens tomorrow.

Be Well.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

you know their only doing their job,
however some stuff should be like ok, dont tell noone.
and their dumb, those guys have no clue what is what..
im buying .45 acp and the guy saids handgun or rifle, i said uh rifle.
im 19
same with .22 .223 9mm all the ammo i buy from there.

im really laid back so i dont get all heated up. so that helps too lol

Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #28

Liked 103 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

Telling my tale and explaining how i would take my business to Meijer and K-mart where I was welcome with my LEGALLY CONCEALED firearm.
We actually went right to Meijer right after there and my buddy asked the store night manager if he can buy ammo for me because at walmart it's a "straw sale",the night manager just about cracked up laughing saying"I can't tell you what to do with your ammo after you buy it",then we picked out the slugs we wanted(not locked up)and at a cheaper price and we were not ID'd for obvious reasons of our age appearance and we walked out happy.Meijer is my only choice now for sporting goods if there's no sports store open.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 11-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #29

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

That will teach you to take better care of your ammo next time.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
So did Walmart brake any laws by not selling him the ammo? It's not a straw purchase. Can Walmart legally refuse to sell an item? Personally I'd call your family attorney & ask him. You will get a lot of opinions here but not the actual law.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
A business can refuse service to anyone. Why would you think Walmart or any company would be legally required to sell anyone anything?