Walmart Boycott!!!!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Walmart Boycott!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Then be smart about it. Go into Wally World and find the ammo your son wants. Go back after you have had lunch and you buy it without your kid being with you. Don't say it is for your kid.

Situations, both with the ammo and the phone, that are understandable. Greeter doing his job, counter person doing theirs. It's like you can prick your finger but you can't finger your p$^ck. Think about what you are doing and try to imagine how it would look to a store employee. Lots of shop lifting this time of year, especially with the economy. And too many lawsuit happy lawyers and undercover operations just waiting for some poor clerk to eff up.

Chalk it up to experience and forget about it.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:18 AM   #12

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Seriously, they were just trying to do their jobs as they know them. The counter help was likely told by a superior about "straw sales" and was only half listening or not told the truth. Customers can be real pains in the posterior, you might not have been trying to be, but the thirty encounters they had just before yours probably were insanely difficult.

Boycott Walmart for other reasons, like the fact that they source their vendors for the cheapest products possible. Try finding anything made in America on any non-food shelf in Wally World. They are only a half step above Dollar General or Big Lots. Quality is not a prerequisite for being on a WalMart shelf.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:17 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

My only question is, why is this posted in the NFA/Class 3 forum???? (as well as "Is it me or are more customers buying revolvers these days?")

Just sayin'...

Old 11-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #14

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly View Post
My only question is, why is this posted in the NFA/Class 3 forum????
I am guessing this is the fault of a walmart employee also
CALL THE MANAGER!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #15

Liked 2525 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 2423

The bigger problem here is the fact that a retailer is so afraid of our government they won't sell a lousy box of shotgun shells.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #16
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Well Ninjatoth, now that you are finished venting on here. The next logical step is to sit down to your computer and fire up your poison keyboard and compose a letter thoughtfully, concisely, and eloquently stating your grievance. Add offending associates and section managers names. Then send to world head quarters.

::back story::

Some years ago (maybe 10) i was walking into the local wall whirled to get .45 acp ammo. The wally whirled is the cheapest place to buy the stuff around here. My eldest son and i were on the way to the range for a day of powder and lead therapy.

Well as i was walking in, I didnt notice the grip of my LEGALLY CONCEALED 1911 was poking out from under my shirt. The greeter greeted me by saying i couldnt enter the store "with that on me" pointing to my gun. I said, "BS, check your laws buddy". He then commenced to block and impede my progress. Saying "i told you you are NOT allowed in my store with that thing on." So instead of causing a huge stink, i noted the name on his tag, turned and walked out.

Son and I headed west for the range and stopped at the wally whirled in the next town over, we had to pass thru, to get to the range. We shot till our wrists were sore and our shoulders were bruised and came home relaxed and happy.

Upon returning home, I sat down to my poison keyboard and composed a nasty (yet polite) letter to the management. Telling my tale and explaining how i would take my business to Meijer and K-mart where I was welcome with my LEGALLY CONCEALED firearm. I then scanned in all my receipts for the year (for just ammo...but there were many other items on those receipts besides just the ammo ) totaling near $400 in ammo alone and this was only half way thru the year. Added in the store managers name AND the greeters name and sent off to the world headquarters.

Less than a month later, that greeter nor that manager were to be found at the store. PLUS, i received a written apology AND a nation wide letter was put out saying "ALL persons carrying concealed handguns in states/municipalities, where legal, were more than welcome and encouraged to shop in Wal-Mart stores. "It went on to say how the management of walmart recognize that such people make the patrons and the associates of the stores safer. blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #17

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Well Ninjatoth, now that you are finished venting on here. The next logical step is to sit down to your computer and fire up your poison keyboard and compose a letter thoughtfully, concisely, and eloquently stating your grievance. Add offending associates and section managers names. Then send to world head quarters.

::back story::

Some years ago (maybe 10) i was walking into the local wall whirled to get .45 acp ammo. The wally whirled is the cheapest place to buy the stuff around here. My eldest son and i were on the way to the range for a day of powder and lead therapy.

Well as i was walking in, I didnt notice the grip of my LEGALLY CONCEALED 1911 was poking out from under my shirt. The greeter greeted me by saying i couldnt enter the store "with that on me" pointing to my gun. I said, "BS, check your laws buddy". He then commenced to block and impede my progress. Saying "i told you you are NOT allowed in my store with that thing on." So instead of causing a huge stink, i noted the name on his tag, turned and walked out.

Son and I headed west for the range and stopped at the wally whirled in the next town over, we had to pass thru, to get to the range. We shot till our wrists were sore and our shoulders were bruised and came home relaxed and happy.

Upon returning home, I sat down to my poison keyboard and composed a nasty (yet polite) letter to the management. Telling my tale and explaining how i would take my business to Meijer and K-mart where I was welcome with my LEGALLY CONCEALED firearm. I then scanned in all my receipts for the year (for just ammo...but there were many other items on those receipts besides just the ammo ) totaling near $400 in ammo alone and this was only half way thru the year. Added in the store managers name AND the greeters name and sent off to the world headquarters.

Less than a month later, that greeter nor that manager were to be found at the store. PLUS, i received a written apology AND a nation wide letter was put out saying "ALL persons carrying concealed handguns in states/municipalities, where legal, were more than welcome and encouraged to shop in Wal-Mart stores. "It went on to say how the management of walmart recognize that such people make the patrons and the associates of the stores safer. blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.

+1000 that is the way to handle Wal-Mart and it gets things done. On another note when you contact Wal-mart corp. you might also let them know that you will be taking your money and business elsewhere until they stop giving money to bloombergs Mayors against guns.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #18

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
The bigger problem here is the fact that a retailer is so afraid of our government they won't sell a lousy box of shotgun shells.
I agree with this. Many Wally Mart managers are anti-gun, you just

got refused a sale because of a couple of store employee's political beliefs

corrupting the free trade of Wal-Mart.

So, when I buy 22LR ammo, why do they always ask if it's for a pistol

or rifle? Who really GAF?

Old 11-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #19
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
+1000 that is the way to handle Wal-Mart and it gets things done. On another note when you contact Wal-mart corp. you might also let them know that you will be taking your money and business elsewhere until they stop giving money to bloombergs Mayors against guns.
I doubt it will do much good these days. Back when i wrote my message, the co. was still in the control of Sam...a true American. Now its in the hands of his useless kids/shareholders. Who have never worked a real day in their life and have more money than brains. If you've noticed they no longer sell guns @ the majority of the stores.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #20

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I do my best never to shop Walmart because of: 1. Rude, lazy, insolent personnel, and 2. too many rude, lazy, insolent customers (at least where I live). I enjoy spending my money where I'm appreciated as a repeat customer, even if it costs me more money. I'm not rich, but I'll usually do without before lowering myself to the principles of Walmart and be pushed around, delayed in line because of welfare recipients, listen to screaming babies, listen to yelling on the PA system, in your face mercandising, having your car banged up on the parking lot, and on and on. And don't forget how many small business have gone broke because they don't have the buying power of Walmart. No thanks, I don't like Chinamart.