Walmart Boycott!!!!! - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Walmart Boycott!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 03:52 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

wal mart hires stupid people that work cheep and don't know what there doing,thats why the help keeps quiting or goes someplace else they can't put up with all the bs there and the store here doesn't sell guns anymore just some ammo and other reloading supplies and there prices are not that great either we have a store here called bimart they sell guns and ammo and reloading supplies and the people know what there doing and very helpful i always buy there and they if you need something they will order it for you can't beat there prices either or there great service. so go to someplace that want's your business and will do the right thing not the big box stores that could care less about you and your business we have the power to do this and tell wal mart we don't need them and there anti gun polices they can take there store and go some place else we have a great country if we can get ride of the idiot in the white house and turn this country into the pride that made it great so go vote and vote with your money some place besides crap mart and there bs polices

Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #102

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I'm by no means wealthy, nor do I consider myself poor, my wife and I both work and always will, and we prefer to go to any store other than Walmart if at all possible, for one thing, contrary to popular belief they are not always the cheapest place around for grocery items and their meat department is disgusting. I can save more money by shopping at a decent local grocery chain and taking advantage of good sales and a quality meat counter. As for firearms or ammo, I have only bought ammo one time at a Walmart and that was because everyone else was out of the 357 ammo I wanted. I have never bought a gun there and never will, there are too many good gun stores around here with good prices. Stay away from Chinamart if you can help it.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #103

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner View Post
most walmarts are filled with idiots.
Our entire country is filled with idiots. If you doubt that, just look at who they put in the White House. If you still have doubts look at the fact almost 50% of the people still think he is doing a good job! The fact of the matter is he never has.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

My local Walmart stocks fresh okra labeled as grown in Florida. The only produce department I have found in WI that stocks fresh okra and I'll keep going back for more.

I had a conversation with an Indian (the country India) lady, and apparently okra is as common over there as it is the southern US.

It appears to me that the larger the city, the less the emphasis on sporting goods, including ammo, guns, hunting supplies, etc. at Walmarts.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #105

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default ammo you buy at WM....

I recently bought a Springfield EMP with an ambi safety. I needed to disassemble the gun and since this was the first one I'd gotten with that type of safety, I didn't know how to remove it. I called Springfield and after getting the explanation on disassembly the 'smith talked with me about WM.
His explanation was that being such a big purchaser, they go to their suppliers and tell them how many they will be buying of "this". Then they tell the supplier "HOW MUCH THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY" for said lot of "this".
When it comes to ammo, some of the companies will do a 'production run' of WM ammo, or they will take their lower quality batch and ship it to WM. In order to cut their production costs, they might reduce quality control, they might use some inferior materials which would normally be scrapped.
Little things like primer cups which might be just a little harder and MIGHT give some misfires, might be rolled into that lot.
This is not to say that all stuff bought in WM is crap since their name is on the product, but a certain number of "failures" might be noticed in what you buy from them.
And it is easy for the manufacturer to know where you got the ammo. It's called a "lot manufacturing code" or 'lot number'.
A company like WW strives for 100% function but since it can't be achieved, they "settle for" something like 99.98% for their normal production. What they ship to WM might be in the area of 99.96 or 99.97% or so.
And I know that Springfield has no axe to grind with anyone so I tend to believe what the 'smith told me.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #106

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

And if it is a fast mover they move it around the store so it takes longer for you to find it. It has been proven the longer you can get someone to remain in the store, the greater likelihood they'll purchase something else. A shopper walking around looking for product is greater than all the advertising in the world, simply because they're already on the premises with money in their pocket ready, willing, and able to buy. That is about as close to leading them to water, AND making them drink, as you can possibly get.
This is why every couple years Walmart does a "restructuring" of the interior. This is where they completely reorganize the floor displays and move everything around. I've had a few friends that worked for them and they said that it's a marketing thing. They do it because people get used to where things are and when they go in for a specific item it's easy for Them to go Straight to the item get it and leave without looking around and possibly picking up other items. If they move the stores around it keeps people walking around looking for things and they buy other things!
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 02-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #107

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGrrr
I recently bought a Springfield EMP with an ambi safety. I needed to disassemble the gun and since this was the first one I'd gotten with that type of safety, I didn't know how to remove it. I called Springfield and after getting the explanation on disassembly the 'smith talked with me about WM.
His explanation was that being such a big purchaser, they go to their suppliers and tell them how many they will be buying of "this". Then they tell the supplier "HOW MUCH THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY" for said lot of "this".
When it comes to ammo, some of the companies will do a 'production run' of WM ammo, or they will take their lower quality batch and ship it to WM. In order to cut their production costs, they might reduce quality control, they might use some inferior materials which would normally be scrapped.
Little things like primer cups which might be just a little harder and MIGHT give some misfires, might be rolled into that lot.
This is not to say that all stuff bought in WM is crap since their name is on the product, but a certain number of "failures" might be noticed in what you buy from them.
And it is easy for the manufacturer to know where you got the ammo. It's called a "lot manufacturing code" or 'lot number'.
A company like WW strives for 100% function but since it can't be achieved, they "settle for" something like 99.98% for their normal production. What they ship to WM might be in the area of 99.96 or 99.97% or so.
And I know that Springfield has no axe to grind with anyone so I tend to believe what the 'smith told me.
I actually had a friend of mine who was doing some construction work at a factory who sold products to Walmart and he got to talk to the owner when they were doing contracts for the job. Well they got on the subject of Walmart and he told my friend that the way Walmart does it is they will tell you we want 500,000 units of said product BUT instead of the manufacturer saying ok 500,000 units X $5 each = 2.5 million, WALMART says Okay for that 500,000 units we will only pay you 1.8 million!! This is how they sell things so much cheaper than most other stores it's a CROCK!!!
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139 View Post
...he told my friend that the way Walmart does it is they will tell you we want 500,000 units of said product BUT instead of the manufacturer saying ok 500,000 units X $5 each = 2.5 million, WALMART says Okay for that 500,000 units we will only pay you 1.8 million!! This is how they sell things so much cheaper than most other stores it's a CROCK!!!
Is it just me, or does this remind anyone else of how the federal government works? They demand taxes and then seem to spend them on things nobody really wants like, like "clean air". What a freakin jip! Clean air is just like dirty air without the valuable minerals and other valuable particulates; eventually, the feds will start recommending "clean paint" for our cars and walls to avoid the chance for the paint pigments to become airborne particulates, denying the future's children the experience of particulate filtering and the savings opportunity presented by malignant lung deposits of carcinogenic airborne particulates. You don't hate the future's children now do you? Then get out there and donate some particulates (no farts).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 02-28-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #109
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 307 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 895

Default Boycott Walmart?

They hired the wrong person to sell ammo.

Last edited by Mongo; 02-29-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: more detail

Old 02-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #110

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default return to WM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
They hired the wrong person to sell ammo.
you're right about that wrong person to sell ammo, or anything else, for that matter. As someone pointed out, WM not only buys mdse to sell, they also BUY STUPID people to sell that mdse. They package them as SALES/STOCK CLERKS. When you buy cheap, you get cheap (and stupid) people to work on your floor. And while it P.O.'s you and you swear never to buy anything else at WM, they know that many of you will eventually come back. They are so big that they can afford to think like that.
I know a number of people who have made that same VOW and yet they go back. It may take months, or even years but they eventually go back. I can't say that I like going there and if I can buy something elsewhere, I make it a point to do that but I go back too.

It boils down this philosophy - "It's all about ME. I'm greedy and want as much of MY money for ME !"

Last edited by RoGrrr; 02-29-2012 at 02:56 PM.