Walmart Boycott!!!!! - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Walmart Boycott!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 921

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I've been reloading for 40 years, and that is a totally false statement. There is no way you can purchase new components, (brass, FMJ bullets, powder, and primers), and handload new 9 MM ammunition for $10.00 a box. Not to mention if you place any value on your time. Add it all up and $9.97 for new Federal FMJ 9 MM is a great buy. I don't care how much, or how fast you can handload.
Geezeuss... I was just joking.. I do buy my .22's and shotgun shells there...
Mainly for me, its they dont carry ammo for my weird guns (Try asking for 7.7 Jap at Wal-mart!), and if I do buy ammo its gonna be a cheap mil-surp bulk pack..

As for 9mm, The "cheap" store stuff isnt sized very consistently and I always have problems with it in my Medusa, it either fits too tight or not at all.. But if I buy a good brand like Seller & Bellot or use properly sized reloads I never have any problems...
When I do reload, I dont count my time because I enjoy reloading just as much as the shooting (Maybe more!)
When I make 9mm the only cost I have is powder and primers.. 9mm brass is everywhere, I find piles of it everytime I go shooting.. If I need projectiles I just go to a friends house and cast some up..

Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #92

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I shop @ Walmart only if I have too .Walmart is the DEVIL !

Old 01-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I've been reloading for 40 years, and that is a totally false statement. There is no way you can purchase new components, (brass, FMJ bullets, powder, and primers), and handload new 9 MM ammunition for $10.00 a box. Not to mention if you place any value on your time. Add it all up and $9.97 for new Federal FMJ 9 MM is a great buy. I don't care how much, or how fast you can handload.
Hold on there sparky... I've not been reloading for 40 years but ever since aquiring my FFL (C&R) 12 years ago, I've been able to reload pretty much everything on the cheap. Loading 9mm for less than $9/box is the norm for me. While I may not always be using "new" brass, which personally I don't see makes any difference at all, my other components purchased in bulk from wholsalers and auction sites are new.

As far as my time goes? Heck I'm having fun when I reload, it's relaxing to me and since it's for me or sometimes for a friend, it's all mute anyway.. Last time I checked I was loading for over two dozen different calibers so it goes without saying that reloading was not an option but was necessary...

Old 01-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #94

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Simple solution stay at home and order your ammo online.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #95

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I buy my ammo from a couple of vendors online. Screw Walmart. They have crap for ammo anyway.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #96

Default This is my own personal creation; feel free to cut-&-paste it

☭hi-☭om-Mart. My own personal creation.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

I can reload on average 1,100 rounds an hour for about 2 hours once I get everything prepped and lined up. I reload with a dillion 650 w/case feed. Thing that slows me down is refilling powder and primers(can never have too many primer tube refills). I sort, clean and inspect my brass before reloading, every time. I also gauge each round before boxing it up. In a day I can load over 5,000 40s&w, I know because I have. I can do almost as much 5.56, probably around 4,300 I think. I only buy loaded rounds if I need good quality brass, in bulk of course. Or if i show up to a match and forget my rounds on the bench, only done it once but once is enough. I think when I added it up I can reload 180+ rounds for what it would cost me to buy 100 already loaded. Then they aren't tuned to my guns and my shooting dope so they are useless to start with.

Last edited by redrussell; 01-24-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

I haven't talked to a store manager about it but my friend's wife was the sporting goods dept manager, now she has been promoted to assistant store manager, at the time the decision was made to not carry guns she said it was a liability issue. We have no Cabelas or Bass Pros here, only a Gander Mountain and that is over an hour away and grossly overpriced as are most the smaller shops.
I was a sporting goods manager, yes I have to admit it, while going to college. My store was the major ffl dealer for the surrounding area stores. It is virtually impossible to get someone who knows anything to work for low wages and follow all the stupid rules they have. I quit after a little over a year in that position and just joined the Army instead. As for why some stores carry guns and some don't... most stores that don't, simply lost their ffl. Instead of the corporation being the ffl holder, each store is responsible with the manager being the scape goat. I know one store that straight up misplaced 8!!!! Firearms! Others lose background checks or forget or lose their log books. The ATF and FBI are the nice people to work with, the other employees and corporate are what are hard to deal with. I refuse to shop at walmart now unless I have to because of how the company has changed. It is really sad.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #99

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

honestly i wouldn't apologize to that. most walmarts are filled with idiots, it pisses me off to think that they went to that extent. if it was me in those shoes... lets just say this guy took the situation lightly. i would be getting in the guys face and yelling at him then walking out WITH the phone. if the police show up. just go back the the register you bought the phone from. simple as that. i personaly hate walmart. because of brain dead idiots like that......

Old 02-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #100
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have no love for wal-mart in any way, but have seen behind the scenes so to speak. i spent over eight years in wal-mart fleet maintenance and operations as a mechanic, and i have certifications in medium and heavy truck and heavy equipment. at the time i worked there i had over 20 years of experiance in working on truck and trailers. i saw many times they would fill an opening up in the shop with some box chunker from the warehouse to work on trucks and trailers, who had no experiance whatsoever. this is because wal-mart hires within for openings before going outside, so any new openings with them are usually menial type jobs and lesser paying. i had to train many of these people who had no knowledge or tools, to work on trucks and trailers. here's the sad part, they made as much as i did, and didn't know squat about anything mechanical! some even made more than i did, just because they had more time in the company than i did! yep, these are people who can't even change oil in their own vehicles, trying to work on heavy trucks and trailers, and i had over 20 years of experiance making as much or more than me. after about eight years of it, i ahd had enough and left. i got tired of the stupidity and ignorance of these so called mechanics. i have been doing this for over 33 years now and don't regret leaving them, and have found there are much better environments to work in. wal-mart hiring procedures are questionable at best and seriously lacking in ever findig qualified people to fill positions that require knowledge and experiance in a given field of operations. i imagine it's much worse in the stores as they barely make much more than minimum wage to begin with. know how to get promoted at wal-mart? be a brain dead idiot, who blindly follows instructions who makes his superiors look good on paper and in the numbers! then they are also a scapegoat in case something goes wrong. expendable!