Walmart Boycott!!!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Walmart Boycott!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default Walmart Boycott!!!!!

I will never,ever,ever shop at Walmart ever again after this last episode with them.Me and my buddy,both of us 31 years old go into Walmart to pick up a box of slugs for my shotgun because I lost mine in the woods(it's hunting season here)the sporting goods guy first makes us both show ID,then because I didn't have any cash on me my buddy pulls out his credit card and goes to pay for my ammo-the guy at the sportsman counter then unbags the shells and says"i'm sorry,I can't sell you these shells,they are for him not you".My buddy says-"well fine they're for me!",he's like "no!"My friend askes now to speak to a store manager and she comes over and is all saying"NO,YOU CAN'T PAY FOR AMMO FOR ANOTHER PERSON,THIS IS MICHIGAN LAW AND THAT'S A STRAW SALE"!!!!!,I inform her that a straw sale is buying a gun for a person not allowed to own a FIREARM by doing a BACKGROUND CHECK on someone that's not the actual buyer,and ammo has nothing to do with all that,and she says"we can argue all day but i'm right and will always be right!!".My buddy looks at the original guy and says,all this started because this guy is a D!(k!!and then we left.Now,not to mention 2 days ago-me and my mother went to buy a cell phone at Walmart-I went to walk out and the store front beeps,the greeter swarms me and stops me from leaving because I have no reciept--well,duhhh,my old mother bought it for me and hobbled back to to the grocery section to get something else she needed while I went to the car to wait for her so I don't have a reciept--so they confiscate a phone already paid for.I have to then meet back up with my mother 15 minutes later and have to go back in with the reciept to get MY phone.WTF is that??!!

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5740 Times on 2999 Posts
Likes Given: 380

well individual morons do not reflect on walmart itself. prolly shoulda talked to the store manager without being irate or indignant. get more done that way

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think you need to calm down. They are a bit amped up about selling ammo and made a mistake.

The greater was also just doing his/her job by stopping you. You were trying to walk out of the store with and item and no receipt...no, you weren't stealing but respect the fact the man was doing what his employer asked him to do.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-18-2011, 02:46 AM   #4

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Much can be gained by the way a situation is handled.
I think you should apologize

Old 11-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
well individual morons do not reflect on walmart itself. prolly shoulda talked to the store manager without being irate or indignant. get more done that way
Irate?maybe my buddy was for good reason,I more or less didn't say anything to anyone exept when I calmly informed the store manager that a straw sale is not selling ammunition to someone that's noth the "actual buyer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I think you need to calm down. They are a bit amped up about selling ammo and made a mistake.

The greater was also just doing his/her job by stopping you. You were trying to walk out of the store with and item and no receipt...no, you weren't stealing but respect the fact the man was doing what his employer asked him to do.
When was I not calm?I never said anything about myself not being calm,I did however mention that before we left my friend called the guy a D***,that has nothing to do with my attitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger View Post
Much can be gained by the way a situation is handled.
I think you should apologize
HUH?who and why should I apologise to?I never did anything but listen to my buddy argue with them.

S&W 915 9mm
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Last edited by ninjatoth; 11-18-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:03 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Walmart simply sucks. Not only that they are getting to be steathily expensive.
Hence why the fleeced look on faces exiting the stores with receipt in hand.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7179 Times on 4321 Posts
Likes Given: 8761

I agree the Greeter was doing what he/she is supposed to do. As for the ammo, maybe they have specific rules. I know many don't like WalMart for any variety of reasons but I shop there often because I try to save every penny I can. You just can't beat their prices on many items such as food, ammo, household and personal care items.

I try to treat other people respectfully. I HATE being yelled at by the patients (or the doctors or nurses, for that matter) here at work for doing what I need to do and am expected to do. Therefore, I would not do that to someone else. If you get angry, expect that same attitude back.

Where I work, they are VERY SERIOUS about communication and the most effective ways to do it. We have attended several 'classes' on communication, how to diffuse situations, how to listen, when and the proper way to apologize, etc. I wish everyone learned these important lessons.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 11-18-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:13 AM   #8

My biggest thing is the lying.Ok,I can understand them saying that this is our store policy etc etc,we would have walked out,he probably would have been quiet about it,but when the store manager pulls out of her butt"this is Michigan law and it's a straw sale"that got under my skin,more so to my buddy,and the sports guy was being very difficult for no reason,my buddy looks to be about 40 years old,and when the top ID that flipped out of his wallet was his CCW permit the guys still was being difficult saying,"ahh,I can't accept that"and all the sports guy was doing was an age check(which I never seen anyone with grey hair and a burly beard be checked if they were 18 before)I just think Walmart is messed up.And also-I'll never figure out why a few years ago they confiscated a can of spraypaint and wouldn't sell it to me because I forgot my ID.

S&W 915 9mm
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 11-18-2011, 03:14 AM   #9

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 13

So what is going to happen?

Some land owner will be in the woods and find ammo lost by an irresponsible "hunter" and post his property and no longer let hunters enjoy it.
The manager at walmart will think hunters are a pain because some one lost their temper when trying to buy ammo.
Unfortunately all of us will be judged by these experiences

Old 11-18-2011, 03:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger View Post
So what is going to happen?

Some land owner will be in the woods and find ammo lost by an irresponsible "hunter" and post his property and no longer let hunters enjoy it.
The manager at walmart will think hunters are a pain because some one lost their temper when trying to buy ammo.
Unfortunately all of us will be judged by these experiences
OK,it's my own land first of all,lots of hunters lose ammo and second,Walmart is basically already saying"we don't want your kids to hunt,because we judge it illegal for you to buy ammo for your children to hunt with"Do you find it right if your son wanted to pick his own ammunition to hunt with his first year when he's 14 or whatever and Walmart won't sell it to you?In the end this will all hurt Walmart more than anyone when people Boycott them in one area after another.

S&W 915 9mm
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves