Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Trust setup already

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default Trust setup already

I had a trust made in '06, living in Oklahoma. I now want a addendum added for a suppressor and I currently reside in Texas. Do I now find suppressor, pay for it, find a Class III FFL, and somewhere during process have attorney add silencer to my trust?
I've gone to BATF and so on, googled others but, I could use some "friendly forum" advice. I would like to legally make suppressors for my own use, with the proper licenses/paperwork etc. I'm not in a big hurry wanting to follow proper channels and do as much paperwork/legwork myself as possible.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I had my dealer order the suppressor and I had to pay for it then. When the suppressor is shipped to him, he and I fill out Form 4, which he mails it, along with a copy of my trust, and a check for $200, to the ATF.

When the form is approved, it is sent back to the dealer who will notify me and turn the suppressor over to me along with the Form 4 and the affixed tax stamp.

I'm not sure how things go if you plan to manufacture a suppressor, but if you buy one you should be able to do a revised "Schedule A" yourself, adding the suppressor to it, then when the suppressor comes in, you'll give the dealer a copy of the trust, the revised schedule A indicating the suppressor, and a check to ATF for $200. He'll take it all and send it in with the Form 4, and all that's left is the long wait.

If you feel more comfortable by running the schedule A revision by your lawyer to verify, by all means have a chat with him/her.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default trust setup already

Thank you for the reply, it was excellant advice. I have another question, I understand it's a $200.00 fee for each dealer transfer per suppressor, but you can get a manufacture stamp for personal use it's $200.00, and you can make multiple suppressors, again, for personal use or trust use.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1114 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 523

You can find a lot of information about the whole process on this forum-http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/
There are a bunch of guy's that make their own suppressors,and can tell you all the steps needed to keep the BATFE happy!