Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Transfer fee's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #21
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'll second the liberal looking for a fight. They keep thinking those who do not follow the law still go through law abiding shops to get guns. Why would gangbanger thug spend 500 bucks on a glock from a shop when he can go to his "guy" and get a stolen untraceable glock or whatever name you insert for 50 bucks and a dime bag. That's why they think they can regulate crime with gun bans and unreasonable laws that do nothing but make it difficult for law abiding citizens to purchase guns and protect themselves

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #22

Likes Given: 3

Stupid question for you guys. If you do a NICS check and it comes back denied, what do you all do with the firearm? The company that it was purchased from pays for the freight to send it back or do they sometimes sell it to the transferring dealer at a reduced priced so they don't have to mess with it again. Hope you understand what I am asking here.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have heard that only pd and other officers of the law can do NICS checks. If you want a serial number checked and it comes back stolen, the pd takes the gun and locks it up just like everything else. I doubt companies deal stolen guns. The only place I think you may run into this problem is in pawnshops and private sales. Other than that, I think you are pretty safe dealing with companies who make the guns and all.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8390 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

D-C, I am NOT a dealer- but spend enuff time at 3 local shops and 1 local gunsmith that they are looking at charging me rent. Here is what they do-

Assuming you are the receiving FFL for the transfer of a firearm? If the recipient is denied- HE has a choice- 1. PAY for shipping it back to the shipping FFL, or 2. Have you sell the firearm in your shop on consignment for him. He can OWN, he just cannot POSSESS (fine legal difference, but a difference nonetheless). BEWARE if he has a "friend" he wants it transferred to- you may have a Strawman Sale in the making.

IF he will do neither, send him written notice that after a reasonable time (30 days?) that you will be required to charge for the storage of the firearm. Check the laws in YOUR state- but here the gun can be sold by the dealer to recover his fees, much as an automobile mechanic can sell a car that the customer leaves at the shop.

This IS an area of civil law, outside of the ATF regulations, so DO check what the practice is in YOUR state.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #25

Likes Given: 3

Thanks c3 that's what I was asking. Has not happened but just wondering what happens if that does come up.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #26

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Concerning the OP, to me it's starting to sound a lot like someone trying to stir something up while doing a bit of trolling.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default NCIC and NICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx View Post
I have heard that only pd and other officers of the law can do NICS checks. If you want a serial number checked and it comes back stolen, the pd takes the gun and locks it up just like everything else. I doubt companies deal stolen guns. The only place I think you may run into this problem is in pawnshops and private sales. Other than that, I think you are pretty safe dealing with companies who make the guns and all.

It can be quite confusing, I've got a couple years in with different agencies here in Ky. To help define, NCIC is restricted to government use only, yes LEO has access, generally through dispatch . NCIC is nationwide system that we can check to see if a subject is a fugitive, check to see if items like guns, vehicles or basically anything that has a serial # is stolen. It also can pull complete criminal histories including arresting agency, charge and disposition.

NICS is assessable by FFL Dealers and may function in conjunction with NCIC records as far as criminal history is concerned. Although required information on the 4473, I've never been asked by the examiner for the serial # when transferring.

Off subject, but worth pointing out... record all serial#'s, make, model of anything you own that is of value to you. If the unfortunate happens and something of yours gets stolen the chances of recovering it once entered in NCIC is MUCH greater.

Firearms enthusiasts have long searched for a way to purchase guns and gun accessories affordably. Many people are now discovering that a gun auction, often referred to as penny gun auctions can multiply their purchasing power safely, quickly and affordably. Whether you’re in the market for a Tauras Judge, Ruger LCP, scope or other firearms accessories and tactical equipment you can now obtain these items from firearms penny auctions. The firearms auction arena is allowing the middleclass, blue collared man to purchase firearms and firearms add-ons at a fraction of the retail cost.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by FirearmsAuction_org; 06-26-2012 at 05:51 PM.