Is there any truth in this? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Is there any truth in this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2707 Times on 1416 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Also kinda along those lines, kinda. When I moved to this house about 15 years ago. I surrendered my ffl, as it was easier than dealing with all the paper work and I wasn't making any money with it anyway. I had to box up all my forms and paperwork and send it in. What I don't know is exactly what they do with it. Do they enter it in their system or just place the box in a dusty warehouse somewhere!
ATF keeps out of business dealer records indefinately. I can run a "gun trace" through ATF and find ot who the original purchaser was. I can also provide purchaser info, month of purchase and name/address of dealer and get the gun info. Handy when a gun gets stolen, but the victim does not have the serial number recorded.

It is not fool proof. Some records are "lost" or "damaged". Academy Sports and Outdoors keeps in house computerized records. I can call the contact person at Corporate headquarters and get the gun info. It helps insure that stolen guns are entered into NCIC (as they should be).

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball