Tax stamp wait? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Tax stamp wait?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 222 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta6

7 days (5 working days and a weekend)
Cool! Which i'll be receiving mine mid next month. Cant wait!

Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
Cool! Which i'll be receiving mine mid next month. Cant wait!
FYI, mine took closer to two weeks from approval to mailbox, but it was approved just before Christmas last year so that probably caused a few days delay. A week or so seems the norm from what I've seen. Remember, that's just the form APPROVAL to received time. The total approval process from the time you mail the paperwork to the BATF until it's returned to you is taking about six months now. Just look at the date the application was submitted and add six months. Unless there's a problem with the applicaton that needs correction, you'll have a good working date for the return of your stamp.

Last edited by rachilders; 06-08-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders

FYI, mine took closer to two weeks from approval to mailbox, but it was approved just before Christmas last year so that probably caused a few days delay. A week or so seems the norm from what I've seen. Remember, that's just the form APPROVAL to received time. The total approval process from the time you mail the paperwork to the BATF until it's returned to you is taking about six months now. Just look at the date the application was submitted and add six months. Unless there's a problem with the applicaton that needs correction, you'll have a good working date for the return of your stamp.
You meant by the date application was received... Or the date it became pendin status? Mine became pending on 01/06. So it can be anytime now or after 07/06?

Old 06-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 112

You should expect your stamp about six months from the time the application is received by the BATF. After they get your application it may take 2-3 weeks for them to cash your check and they don't begin the review process until the check clears. Once the review process is complete, if they approve the application and issue the stamp, it may take about a week for you to receive the approved application in the mail.

Anyway, if the ATF cashed your check in early January, you SHOULD get your stamp sometime around the end of June- early July time frame. OTOH, if you get a letter saying there was an error of some sort with your application, add about two weeks to that along with the time it takes to correct the error. BTW, if you get a letter saying you need to correct something and don't return the form & error letter within 30 days, ATF will cancel the application and you have to start again.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just picked my tax stamp today.
Approved 6/18/12 and received today. So excited!!!!