Sons of guns made a Benelli M4 shotgun full auto on new episode - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Sons of guns made a Benelli M4 shotgun full auto on new episode

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1104 Times on 612 Posts
Likes Given: 467

Let me put it this way; If you think Uncle Sam purchased M4 carbines for Blackwater personnel, you're dreaming.

Now, if you think there was no MOU between Blackwater and the government regarding how company personnel were to use the weapons they purchased or the manner in which they were to provide their services, you're still dreaming.

Back to reality now, the company purchased and possessed machine guns, among other highly regulated things like helicopters, night vision, and high explosives with the knowledge and approval of the US federal government.

So, while your lawn care business may not rate machine guns in the determination of the federal government, some businesses clearly do because they have these weapons and they didn't steal them and they weren't "loaned" to them.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

BTW, the company I was referring to in Austin was equipping some contractors for service in Iraq.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #43

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Sooooooo do you have links to back up everything you've said.....?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sooooooo, did you read the post with the blurb that came directly from ATF's website or the related material in USC 922?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #45

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512
May an unlicensed person make a machine gun?
Generally, no. However, if documentation can be provided, along with the Application to Make a Machinegun, which establishes that the weapon is being made for distribution to a Federal or State agency, an individual may be permitted to make the machine gun.
[18 U.S.C. 922(o)(2), 27 CFR 479.105(e)]

The key word there was "generally". Obviously there are exceptions and those exceptions are corporations with lawfully purchased and possessed machine guns.

If an unlicensed person can, in some instances, make a machine gun then what would you want to bet that that same person can possess one, with ATF approval of course.
Once you fill out Form 1 (the application to make and register a firearm) you then have to fill out Form 4 for the NFA and once you get approval from that, then you are licensed to possess NFA weapons. You also have to identify yourself or company when completing the NFA application and that has to be consistent with your FFL and SOT or if you do not have those, you must put your first and last name and "then you may not be eligible to have their NFA applications approved without first meeting the eligibility requirements applicable under the law." (Straight from the ATF website in the FAQ about the NFA)
image-89116038.jpg  

Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Did you take a picture of your Mac with an iPhone?

Although some may think the two are the same, codified law is not statutory law. If my understanding is correct, and I'm not a lawyer and I'm not giving legal advice, codified law is regulatory law given the force of statutory law. It doesn't mean exceptions can't be made. There are laws preventing the transfer of military technology to other countries, but if the state department approves it then no matter how stupid it is to arm our future enemies, it will be done. It explains how a country like Iran ended up with American-made guided missile destroyers (later sunk) and F-14's (still operational, although obviously dated technology).

I'm not saying that Tom, Dick, or Harry from the neighborhood can walk into the right type of gun store and walk off with machine guns, I'm saying that the government does permit non-governmental entities (who are not private citizens and not law enforcement agencies) to possess them when approval is granted to do so.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:09 AM   #47

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

Civilians can own full auto guns. There is a certain tag/tax they must pay every year and a certain amount of insurance must be carried. Similar to suppressors. I've fired a few few full autos. Don't have the money to pay Uncle Sam even though its super badass.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Apart from being a US government contractor, not a federal employee but the employee of a company contracted to do work for the federal government, if you really want a machine gun you can sign on the dotted line and raise your right hand.

At that point, you, like a machine gun, become US government property, which is probably the best reason not to do that. Some of us had to learn that lesson the hard way, although I must admit that it was fun.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #49

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Tax is paid once