Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > so if i get a ffl can i order guns from home or do i need a bussiness?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default so if i get a ffl can i order guns from home or do i need a bussiness?

And I know you have to pay is there like an annul fee?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

Go to the BATF website. They have the answers.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #3

As Dan said, check the BSTF site. Regarding buying from home, some distributors require you be a storefront and require a photo of the store and the inventory. Buying from individuals across state lines is a different story.

I need a 'bambalance!......Joe

Old 11-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4465 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

a regular ffl for buying guns from distributers or directly from manufacturers you cannot buy them just for personal use. the ffl is for running a business. if you want one you can have firearms shipped to you without being in the business of selling the c&r license is the only option.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7562 Times on 3294 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

Macon- there are several different FFLs. The one you are speaking of is a DEALER's FFL (an 01 FFL) The BATFE will NOT issue a Dealer's FFL for personal use- you must show that you intend to "Engage in the business" of buying and selling guns.

You do not have to have a separate building from your home, but you MUST have a business. You will be required to show you meet all local and state laws BEFORE ATF will issue that license. That includes having a business license, be zoned to operate a business, etc.

The type 03 FFL is a Collector's FFL. You do not have to be in the business. It is $30 for 3 years. However, it only covers Curio & Relic firearms- those that are 50 years old, or on the list published by the ATF. Will not include the brand new gee whiz that was just made this year.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well that's all I would need just to order like older ww2 rilfes and stuff....

Old 11-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4465 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by macon17 View Post
Well that's all I would need just to order like older ww2 rilfes and stuff....
well they gotta be on the batfe curio/relic list and actually made 50 years ago.

example: an m1 garand made in 1944 is a c&r. an m1 garand made in 1989 is not a c&r even tho the m1 garand type is on the list. springfield armory actually made new manufacture garands in the 80's

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7562 Times on 3294 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

Macon- some info for you. DO be aware that some states, like CA, put additional restrictions on a C&R FFL (no handguns shipped directly to you) and it has NO effect on buying modern guns- you are treated same as any other private citizen. You must be 21 to get an 03 FFL.

Getting your C&R FFL

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #9

Some of the answer depends on what State you live in. Most states allow an ATF type 01 from a dwelling/home; however one state Massachusetts will not. Some states have stuff written into state law to the effect that "no county, city, muncipality or home rule government may pass laws more strick than the state in regard to the licensing, ownership, transfer and/or possession of firearms". Once again other states like Massachusetts say the opposite and a city or any other government can do just about anything they want. If you are really interested go look up Heller and McDonald two supreme court decisions.

Remeber Massachusetts if you think Rhomney would be a good choice for President.