Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > So I have decided to take the plunge and get my FFL.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What is the total cost associated with applying for your FFL?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

well lets see the LLC fee in Oregon is 100.00 a year the tax ID # is free. the ATF app fee is 200.00 for the first 3 years ans 90.00 every 3 after that to renew if I have to have a city busness lic. I have to pay them every year as well I set up a checking acct. in the busness name that's only 6.00 a month. then there is advertising. Oh I almost forgot along with the App you need two fingerprint cards at 15.00ea and passport photos at 10.00
all in all I am almost broke and I don't even have an FFL yet I also have not priced any insurance yet.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:48 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilv4xn View Post
well lets see the LLC fee in Oregon is 100.00 a year the tax ID # is free. the ATF app fee is 200.00 for the first 3 years ans 90.00 every 3 after that to renew if I have to have a city busness lic. I have to pay them every year as well I set up a checking acct. in the busness name that's only 6.00 a month. then there is advertising. Oh I almost forgot along with the App you need two fingerprint cards at 15.00ea and passport photos at 10.00
all in all I am almost broke and I don't even have an FFL yet I also have not priced any insurance yet.
I wanna tell you about the insurance,
I already had a Liability policy on my Locksmith Business, that small insurance company charged me an extra $400 a year (total of $1,400/year)to extend my Liability policy over to my Gun Shop (I run both businesses from one shop) The NRA wanted to insure my Gun Shop, only $5,000 a year! They also couldn't cover the Locksmith part of my business... Now that does not cover me at any gun shows, because I can't see a reason yet to pay the insurance company at a gun show...

Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default Home based FFL

I'm glad I tuned in today. I definitely am not going to apply or my wife. Geez, all I want to do to is remain law abiding and trade and sell a little bit with people. I'm not even into the profit part so much as breaking even and enjoying myself with my friends and family. How do you find out what an individual can and can't do as far as dealing with firearms and ammo?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
I'm glad I tuned in today. I definitely am not going to apply or my wife. Geez, all I want to do to is remain law abiding and trade and sell a little bit with people. I'm not even into the profit part so much as breaking even and enjoying myself with my friends and family. How do you find out what an individual can and can't do as far as dealing with firearms and ammo?
Simple, You (unlicensed person) are not to engage in the business of buying & selling firearms in order to make a profit.
Good luck keeping some wayward ATF agent from stealing your private-owned table full of guns under the guise of the RICO Act. You like any other Citizen can be charged with anything a nutty cop or fed can come up with. Plenty of people in the wrong place at the right time have been. Time to get Pre-Paid Legal Yet??

Old 01-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I got my call and my ATF meet n great is tomorrow. Wish me luck. My web site is up and running. www.blacklabelarms.com

Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilv4xn View Post
Well I got my call and my ATF meet n great is tomorrow. Wish me luck. My web site is up and running. www.blacklabelarms.com
Good Luck on your new venture. I hope you have some money to by a bunch of new guns, that will slowly turn into old guns. Last I heard the best way to make a million in the gun retail business is starting out with 2 million. Unfortunately with my "OK I'll try a couple" attitude I have managed to buy what seems like two of every friken loser gun is out there...

Old 01-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

well the ATF visit was nothing like i expected. we sat at the dinner table. he asked a few questions wanted to see some paperwork. went over what the ATF will look for on paperwork. about 2 hours later said good luck here is your #. now hurry up and wait.

as far as not losing money. I am gong to try to avoid inventory. I have a day job and I work with a bunch of gun nuts. as well as friends and family. the hard part is getting people to talk about me. my goal is to profit $100 a month after i get some money built up for the business. I also found a very aggressive accounting firm to do my taxes.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's here, It's here. It's really really here!

Old 01-25-2011, 04:08 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Now you hafta get some inventory. Do yourself a favor and don't let your distributor(s) push stuff on you that you can't sell...I sometimes have a hard time making the best gun picks...But the best gun show sale days I have occur when I have as much of everything as I can get. I can never believe the way stuff starts just selling itself at a gun show, once a crowd has formed