SilencerCo SS Sparrow Upgrade

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > SilencerCo SS Sparrow Upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5511 Times on 2878 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Default SilencerCo SS Sparrow Upgrade

last monday i mailed off my sparrow suppressor for the Stainless Steel upgrade. today i came home and the upgraded sparrow was in my mailbox!! that was damn fast.

now my ruger 22/45 threaded pistol is complete. its got buis with a vortex sparc. upgrades to the pistol is the loaded chamber indicator is disabled. this allows the gun to run for thousands of rounds with no cleaning or lubrication. the magazine safety has also been removed so the mags drop-free. and of course the sparrow SS suppressor. they also sent a really nice belt carrying pouch back.

the upgrade version is shorter very compact.

one of the differences is the inner shell and baffle system are now stainless and the baffle has a raised edge to make it muuuuuch easier to reassemble. the new version is safe to use in a ultrasonic cleaner making it a LOT easier to clean.

the front is now scalloped out and mates up with the muzzle cap for a very solid assembly

this is the business end which also got a redesign

im excited to give it a try and see if i can tell if it does sound quieter. silencerco says they wrung a few extra decibals out of the new model. the original version had zero poi shift. im hoping the upgrade sounds better and retains the no poi shift. it already has a better balance without so much sticking out the front end.

checked silencerco's site just now and they have a new suppressor for AR15's!! i hope its everything they claim it to be. im pretty impressed with the sparrow.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 AM   #2

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Damn, I can't wait to live in a free state...

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Damn, I can't wait to live in a free state...
Plenty of room here in wisconsin!! heh.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #4

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Looks beautiful by the way

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 02-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #5

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Jon.

Is that an aftermarket rail?

How was poi with iron sights?

Mine seems to be quite low and right at 7 yards. Although I didn't have much time to play with it yet.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

its a ruger rail for the 22/45. the irons are dead on. little low at 5-7 spot on at 15ish little low at 20-25. exactly right for a 22 pistol.