sign the petition to remove suppressors from the NFA.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > sign the petition to remove suppressors from the NFA.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default sign the petition to remove suppressors from the NFA.

A Whitehouse.gov petition to initiate the legalities for removing suppressors from NFA scrutiny.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/lead-way-removing-silencers-national-firearms-act/6hm2ByPv

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i dood it . #1823

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 10-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5920 Times on 3091 Posts
Likes Given: 415

While i think its a good idea these petitions are meaningless and just brings attention to the nfa from the wrong sort of people currently in control of the govt. Better to wait till 2012 and see how things shake out with a better president and congress if we are lucky.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
While i think its a good idea these petitions are meaningless and just brings attention to the nfa from the wrong sort of people currently in control of the govt. Better to wait till 2012 and see how things shake out with a better president and congress if we are lucky.
If it were done by anyone other than a .GOV site, I wouldn't care either.

But its the mentality that you've used to view it that ultimately hurts our cause.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5920 Times on 3091 Posts
Likes Given: 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
If it were done by anyone other than a .GOV site, I wouldn't care either.

But its the mentality that you've used to view it that ultimately hurts our cause.
do you honestly think the obama administration is going to take up a petition to help second amendment rights??

i also have no faith the republican leadership is going to do anything during an election year.

sign it if you want im just being realistic

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 AM   #6

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I am NOT going to a .gov site for a gun petition. Those slugs could use it as a tracking method.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:20 AM   #7

Liked 1983 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I am NOT going to a .gov site for a gun petition. Those slugs could use it as a tracking method.
I feel the same way.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #8

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I feel the same way.
Guns? what guns? I don't own any guns! I'm just here to learn about them.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1391 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1026

Petition was killed...lack of required number of signatures.