Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   SBR Trust Engraving Requirements (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/sbr-trust-engraving-requirements-85909/)

ZeusEcho 03-06-2013 05:22 PM

SBR Trust Engraving Requirements

So I'm about to send out my lower and just wanted to confirm the requirements.

7.4.2 of the NFA handbook says the caliber is required in addition to the other info.

Is that correct? What if the lower is already marked Multi Cal?

So I would need to engrave?

ABC NFA TRUST
CITY STATE
CALIBER

I thought only the Trust Name, City and State were required?

Do I need to put a comma between the city and state?

Any guidance would be much appreciated as this is my first one. :D

GeneralPatton 03-07-2013 03:29 AM

Caliber- Multi

ZeusEcho 03-07-2013 10:18 AM

Thanks General Patton.

I checked the lower and the Caliber is not marked yet. I indicated 300BLK on the ATF Form 1.

So can I still mark the Lower Caliber-Multi or do I need to put 330BLK. I'd prefer to use Multi so I could change it in future.

purehavoc 03-07-2013 10:28 AM

If u put multi you will get your paper work back. Pick one 5.56 , .223 , .300 .They want a specific caliber. Doesn't matter which one put. 300 and do not put blk after it. I know multi will not work I got paper work back because of this. There is no such thing as multi caliber on their books. It does not matter what caliber upper is on the gun so long as its not a permanent change. If you decide down the road you want a permanent change you place a call to the BATFE and change it.

MisterMcCool 03-07-2013 10:44 AM

^^^^^Cool avatar^^^^^

ZeusEcho 03-07-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 1167025)
If u put multi you will get your paper work back. Pick one 5.56 , .223 , .300 .They want a specific caliber. Doesn't matter which one put. 300 and do not put blk after it. I know multi will not work I got paper work back because of this. There is no such thing as multi caliber on their books. It does not matter what caliber upper is on the gun so long as its not a permanent change. If you decide down the road you want a permanent change you place a call to the BATFE and change it.

Thanks for the feedback!

I already sent in the ATF Form 1 last November and put 330 BLK on it. I hope including the BLK isn't an issue on the form.

My question is regarding the engraving though. Nothing is currently engraved on the lower for Caliber so do I need to engrave the caliber and if I do does it need to match the Form 1 I sent in ro can it say Multi? I know some lowers already come engraved with Multi so had I used one of the those I imiagine I would not need to add ro change.

purehavoc 03-07-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeusEcho (Post 1167195)
Thanks for the feedback!

I already sent in the ATF Form 1 last November and put 330 BLK on it. I hope including the BLK isn't an issue on the form.

My question is regarding the engraving though. Nothing is currently engraved on the lower for Caliber so do I need to engrave the caliber and if I do does it need to match the Form 1 I sent in ro can it say Multi? I know some lowers already come engraved with Multi so had I used one of the those I imiagine I would not need to add ro change.

No, you dont need to engrave the caliber in the lower , leaving it multi is fine ,
All you need to engrave is exactly what it says on your trust and exactly what you put on the paperwork .

John H. Doe NFA Trust
Big City , AL.

If your just doing a individual

John H. Doe
Big City , AL.

The BATFE has changed a few rules they used to let you use abbreviations for your trust and they do not allow this any more .They dont allow this below, Must be spelled as you listed on the proper form like above

JHD NFA trust
Big City , AL.

ZeusEcho 03-07-2013 06:15 PM

Thanks Purehavoc! :)

okdonk 03-07-2013 06:34 PM

If they think any mistake on the form, they will send it back to you within a month before the due date. Send back a newly revised form with the date u put on the original form. 2 weeks later..voila it will be back on track.
Happened to me twice. And both stamps found a new home 2 weeks later.

ZeusEcho 03-07-2013 07:33 PM

Thanks okdonk! :)

I'm almost glad it's gonna take me awhile to find an upper reciever and LPK because at least now it's not JUST the stamp I'm waiting for! LOL