You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion >

sbr registration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Default sbr registration

over the last few years i have been able to make my own AR from various parts to the point im happy with how it looks and operates. up until a few weeks ago i found out that i was in violation by have the shorter barrel. however i am in possession of it. i removed it put the original back on.

my question is now. how can i get it legalized if im not an ffl and what can i expect other than the standard $200 tax.

will an ffl register it for me if they didnt build it?

thank you
Goodrow is offline  
Reply With Quote

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 10-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
okdonk's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 2,821
Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72


Buy a complete pistol lower and park that short barrel on it. Or u can build from an AR pistol from stripped lower just like building regular AR. Regardless with pistol or buffer as long as no stock installed!. Bring it to your local metro and register it. Then they will give u a blue card as its a pistol. Thats the quickest and easiest alternative choice for the time being in my opinion.
Please correct if im wrong.. thats how i did on my 2 AR pistols while waiting for the stamps.
okdonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rachilders's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 345
Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 135


Fill out ATF form 1, send it in (with your check for $200) to the BATF and wait about 6 months for the stamp to arrive in the mail with your approved form 1. Until then, remove the barrel and keep it someplace until the paperwork is returned by the BATF. I did a 9 1/2" SBR build last year and that's how long it took my stamp to arrive. I don't know where you live but normally you don't need a FFL holder to do anything for you if you already legally own the gun. Just get the necessary ATF forms, complete the requirements, send in your check and wait for the feds to to their job.
sbr4a.jpg   sbrxtra.jpg  
"... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane
rachilders is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Gun Registration Access Battletested Legal and Activism 6 03-13-2012 01:20 PM
When did registration start sierram37 Legal and Activism 3 02-28-2012 03:20 AM
Gun Registration PeteZaHut Legal and Activism 79 11-07-2011 02:28 AM
New gun registration nathan1968 Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 09-23-2009 06:23 PM