SBR with a can...2 seperate ATF forms?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > SBR with a can...2 seperate ATF forms?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default SBR with a can...2 seperate ATF forms?

As the title states, if you build an SBR with a can, do you submit 2 seperate forms even though they will be on the same firearm?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I believe so. Not an expert on this by any means but I believe a suppressor is considered to be a firearm on its own.
For our resident pro, would an integral suppressor have to be registered separately?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #3

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Yes you will need one for the SBR and you will need one for the can . good day sir

Old 08-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Hey thanks for the quick feedback guys!

Now...off to set up a trust.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Yes you will need one for the SBR and you will need one for the can . good day sir
Sorry one follow up question...

The supressor is considered a firearm on it's own right...so it's not tied to any particular gun, meaning once I have it I could put it on any of my compatible firearms?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #6

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

Yes you can put the can on any gun that it is rated for. It is not linked to one gun in particular.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by msup752 View Post
Yes you can put the can on any gun that it is rated for. It is not linked to one gun in particular.
Thanks msup!

Old 08-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default Suppressor

BATF has had my paperwork for a couple of weeks for a Sparrow I'm buying. I already have a Ruger MKIII with Threaded barrel and a Ruger 10-22 with a Tactical Solutions SB-X barrel mounted in a Blackhawk Axiom R/F stock. I plan to swap the suppressor back and forth on which ever firearm I'm using. BTW, the dealer said it was taking BATF about 7 months to process the paperwork.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 08-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
BATF has had my paperwork for a couple of weeks for a Sparrow I'm buying. I already have a Ruger MKIII with Threaded barrel and a Ruger 10-22 with a Tactical Solutions SB-X barrel mounted in a Blackhawk Axiom R/F stock. I plan to swap the suppressor back and forth on which ever firearm I'm using. BTW, the dealer said it was taking BATF about 7 months to process the paperwork.
Sweet 10-22 setup! The SB-x barrel looks cool, how does it shoot? Did the blackhawk stock help tighten up the groups at all?

Hope you don't have to wait seven months for your stamp...good luck.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default Thanks Zeus

Yeah I like the looks of it. To be honest I dont know if it helped the accuracy or not. lol. I bought the 10-22 at Wally-Mart and brought it home and snatched off the stock and barrel off the receiver before shooting it. I had a little trouble getting the SB-X barrel on cause it was a really tight fit so I stripped the receiver to get the charging handle out of the way and put it in a padded vice so I could work the barrel back and forth to seat it all the way. After I got everything back together I stepped out the back door and shot a couple of clips to make sure I got everything back together right but it didnt have any kind of sights at that time so was just point at an old plastic flower pot and fire away. I've got a Truglo holosight on it now but haven't shot it cause all the rain the last few days.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis