Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   SBR with a can...2 seperate ATF forms? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/sbr-can-2-seperate-atf-forms-71512/)

ZeusEcho 08-31-2012 12:09 PM

SBR with a can...2 seperate ATF forms?

As the title states, if you build an SBR with a can, do you submit 2 seperate forms even though they will be on the same firearm? :confused:

mountainman13 08-31-2012 12:19 PM

I believe so. Not an expert on this by any means but I believe a suppressor is considered to be a firearm on its own.
For our resident pro, would an integral suppressor have to be registered separately?

purehavoc 08-31-2012 12:55 PM

Yes you will need one for the SBR and you will need one for the can . :D good day sir

ZeusEcho 08-31-2012 01:19 PM

Hey thanks for the quick feedback guys! :D

Now...off to set up a trust. ;)

ZeusEcho 08-31-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 922610)
Yes you will need one for the SBR and you will need one for the can . :D good day sir

Sorry one follow up question...

The supressor is considered a firearm on it's own right...so it's not tied to any particular gun, meaning once I have it I could put it on any of my compatible firearms?

msup752 08-31-2012 01:26 PM

Yes you can put the can on any gun that it is rated for. It is not linked to one gun in particular.

ZeusEcho 08-31-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msup752 (Post 922648)
Yes you can put the can on any gun that it is rated for. It is not linked to one gun in particular.

Thanks msup!

string1946 08-31-2012 01:42 PM

Suppressor

BATF has had my paperwork for a couple of weeks for a Sparrow I'm buying. I already have a Ruger MKIII with Threaded barrel and a Ruger 10-22 with a Tactical Solutions SB-X barrel mounted in a Blackhawk Axiom R/F stock. I plan to swap the suppressor back and forth on which ever firearm I'm using. BTW, the dealer said it was taking BATF about 7 months to process the paperwork.

ZeusEcho 08-31-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by string1946 (Post 922666)
BATF has had my paperwork for a couple of weeks for a Sparrow I'm buying. I already have a Ruger MKIII with Threaded barrel and a Ruger 10-22 with a Tactical Solutions SB-X barrel mounted in a Blackhawk Axiom R/F stock. I plan to swap the suppressor back and forth on which ever firearm I'm using. BTW, the dealer said it was taking BATF about 7 months to process the paperwork.

Sweet 10-22 setup! The SB-x barrel looks cool, how does it shoot? Did the blackhawk stock help tighten up the groups at all?

Hope you don't have to wait seven months for your stamp...good luck.

string1946 08-31-2012 03:08 PM

Thanks Zeus

Yeah I like the looks of it. To be honest I dont know if it helped the accuracy or not. lol. I bought the 10-22 at Wally-Mart and brought it home and snatched off the stock and barrel off the receiver before shooting it. I had a little trouble getting the SB-X barrel on cause it was a really tight fit so I stripped the receiver to get the charging handle out of the way and put it in a padded vice so I could work the barrel back and forth to seat it all the way. After I got everything back together I stepped out the back door and shot a couple of clips to make sure I got everything back together right but it didnt have any kind of sights at that time so was just point at an old plastic flower pot and fire away. I've got a Truglo holosight on it now but haven't shot it cause all the rain the last few days.