Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Sbr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sbr

I am in the process of registering a SBR and have ran into two questions. The first is under Type of Firearm to be made, do I put SBR or do I place the unabreviated in the box? The second is Under Length of Barrel and Overall, do I place the length of what it is now or what? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2008, 03:10 AM   #2

Type of firearm would be Short barreled Rifle

by definition..the barrel length must be under 16 inches and they want both a barrel length and overall length.

NFA currently wont let you register a SBR receiver...they require it be registered complete = bbl length and OAL

Old 02-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #3

The easyest way to know the length of a SBR when you doing the papper work is mesure your current gun that has a 16 or 20 inch barrel take off the differance between the current barrel and what the new gun is

i.e. 16 in AR15 is 30 1/2 inch with the stock extened if you want a 10 in barrel you just subtract the differance 36 1/2in -6 inchs = 30 1/2 over All Length

To measure the true length of your barrel use a thin wood dowl and with the bolt closed stick down the barrel and mark it at the end of the barrel, if you have a non permeninatly attached flash hider you must remove it to get an accurate measure ment. That is how BATF would measure it.