RR lightning link
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > RR lightning link

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 04:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default RR lightning link

I have a DPMS and am thinking of purchasing a RR Lightning Link and I need to know what I need for it to work and if it will be fine on my DPMS. And if not what will I need to do to get it working?
Many thanks!
Tom

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2732 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 231

http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/lightninglink.html

This seems to have pretty good info on making it work. Remember the Lightning Link is a registered machinegun in of its self. Making one on your own will get you an all expenses paid trip to Club Fed for about 5 years.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #3

Yea that's why I'm buying a RR Lightning Link..RR is registered receiver!

Old 03-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #4

"RR" and "Lighting Link" are 2 terms that do not go together. Two completly differant items.

A "RR" Registered Receiver is a Receiver that has a sear hole drilled in it and the Lower it self is the Machine Gun.

A "Lighting Link" is a Conversion Device, the Device is the regestered part, that is why you can move it from gun to gun.

I am not aware of any Lighting Links that are married to a specific Lower Receiver so I do not see how you could have a Registered Receiver Lightning Link.

2011 FUN GUN SHOOT
SOUTH DAKOTA'S LARGEST MACHINE GUN SHOOT
www.fungunshoot.com