Rookie Question? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Rookie Question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
I think it would be best to ask the ATF where you got your FFL about the out of state transfer. Bad info from another source is a big risk. Cover your backside and get it straight from the man. The other option is to ask another dealer in your state. Hope this helps.
This is what it boils down to ^

Old 08-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkreed View Post
Hey all I just got my FFL July 1st and have been trying to get some good wholesalers. Curently im using SportsSouth and Chat Shooting Supply. Question is if Im running my buis out of my home does that mean that I cant be a dealer for wholesalers like Jerry's sports center who say they only sell to Stocking Retail dealers? Also I am doing my first out of state transfer this week and I was wandering if someone will tell me everything im suposed to do because it;s my first one and I don't wana screw it up. lol
Thanks for the help!
I really hate to beat a dead horse but there were several comments in your posting that raised flags for me also...

1st, as an FFL (01 type) you ARE a retail stocking dealer by virtue of your license. As an 01 FFL you must keep all purchases seperate from your own collection so as to show legitimacy in case you get audited by the BATF.

2nd, Asking a question like the one you posted concerning your first out of state transfer showed poor planning on your part in obtaining your FFL in the first place ( in my opinion). A little more research and planning should have been done prior to your application being sent off to the BATF so that you would have known how to handle transfers in state and out of state.

Years ago, there were tons of yahoos out there wanting dealers licenses simply so they could get the best price possible on a firearm. What this led to was the BATF cracking down and putting restrictions on and rules in place for you to aquire said license. this weeded out a lot of the home bred dealers.

There is nothing wrong with being a home dealer and I'm going to be one of them HOWEVER, I will make darn sure I have all my ducks in a row before applying for the 01 license. I've been a C&R licensed collector for many years now so that does give me a leg up, so to speak, on the regular Joe just getting started.

I wish you luck in your business.. As several have already posted, dealing guns is serious business. If you turn out to be one of the afore mentioned yahoos, you're gonna spoil it for the rest of us. Please take the time and contact some local dealers for help. They may share their contacts with you.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"