Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Rifle Transfer from MO to KS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rifle Transfer from MO to KS

I picked up 3 lowers from PSA when they had their $50 sale a while back. I have finished all three AR's and I would like to keep one, give one to my dad and one to my brother. My dad has been helping me on the project and we will surprise my brother in a few weeks with his new gun.

Here is where I get a bit confused. I live about two blocks into MO from the state line and both my dad and brother live in KS. I know the distance to the state line does not matter, but it seems a bit silly. So the question is, can I give the rifles over to my dad and brother? Do i need to have my FFL mail it to an FFL in KS, and then have them fill out the paper work? Can I take the gun to the KS FFL and have them administer the transfer? I am new to rifles, but I know they have different transfer rules than handguns.

I have searched the threads, looked on the ATF site and checked other sources but have not really found an answer. If anyone can chime in or point me in the right direction that would be great.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2757 Times on 1597 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

I believe that you can bring the firearms over the border to an FFL in MO and let them complete the transfer.

It would be a nice present to say "Let's go looking" and stop in at the FFL with your Dad and brother.
I would set up with the FFL first.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)