Reopen the machine gun registry! - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 11:46 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan View Post
I'd like to buy a machine gun, but they're extremely expensive unless it's a law enforcement purchase. We need to reopen the registry! I have a couple of links relevant to this issue, and I'd welcome everyone's input.

This is a petition to reopen the registry.

This is a blog article about my trip to Knob Creek last weekend, with a video of the machine gun shoot.

I believe the registration requirement is unconstitutional, but the closed registry is especially onerous. Let's get it reopened so you can buy machine guns at reasonable prices again, and more people can afford them.

I'm still hoping Santa Claus might put one under the tree for me.
It's a great weapon of choice when the SHTF era is upon us.
Knob Creek in Kentucky I also wanted to visit one day.

Last edited by PanBaccha; 10-19-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #72

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I hate to be the devil's advocate, but if the registry were to be reopened, what is to prevent fabricators from rewelding machinegun kits and claiming they were "closet hidden" war relics? There would be a rash of remanufactured machineguns posing as curios & relics. Sure it would drive prices down, which is a good thing for most people, but it would be difficult to separate pre-1968, transferable 1969-1986 and post 1986 guns into categories they are currently being papered differently as. This issue may be an additional reason why BATFE will not issue an amnesty. They would be flooded with many guns claiming to be vet bringbacks or closet hidden weapons for decades past.

What do you guys think?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #73

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
I hate to be the devil's advocate, but if the registry were to be reopened, what is to prevent fabricators from rewelding machinegun kits and claiming they were "closet hidden" war relics? There would be a rash of remanufactured machineguns posing as curios & relics. Sure it would drive prices down, which is a good thing for most people, but it would be difficult to separate pre-1968, transferable 1969-1986 and post 1986 guns into categories they are currently being papered differently as. This issue may be an additional reason why BATFE will not issue an amnesty. They would be flooded with many guns claiming to be vet bringbacks or closet hidden weapons for decades past.

What do you guys think?
I think, if they started a mercy period, they would ignore the when... isn't that a point of "mercy"?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 10-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #74
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5738 Times on 2997 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS View Post

What do you guys think?
Its still buyer beware in the nfa game. No different than buying semi auros or bolt and revoler guns. Buy from an individual is no less risky. Just have to find a reputable dealer or do the leg work yourself.

Lots of rewelded m1d garands with repro chines m84 scopes floating around getting sold at collector prices.

Fraud tends to start when something gets pricey not when price goes down. There is a LOT of fraud in the nfa world more than you think.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

My 2 cents...

The Anti's are hitting us on a broad front, we need to strike back in kind.
Every form of gun control needs to be pushed back. Outside of convicted
felons everyone should be able to purchase to their hearts content.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
My 2 cents...

The Anti's are hitting us on a broad front, we need to strike back in kind.
Every form of gun control needs to be pushed back. Outside of convicted
felons everyone should be able to purchase to their hearts content.
we must start boiling the NFA frog, the flames are now growing.

the CLEO sign off is gowing away, lets try for the hughes amendmen t.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #77
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Well, it hasn't been a full year yet, but what the hell, we're only a few months off. SOMEONE GIVE THIS THREAD A BIRTHDAY CAKE.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #78

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Ya, I got all excited when I got this one updated in my subscribed tread.
Anybody heard anything new in the last year?

The only thing for me is: I met this really old dude who has an amazing collection of full auto's that start from pre WW1- WW2. He even let me shoot anything I wanted to.
He told me how mad he got when he paid $40 for a grease gun. All I could say was I just shot more than $40 in ammo. He just laughed & said, all the ammo has been paid for for years & not to worry about it. He showed me the ammo, all ww2 stuff.
I know this has nothing to do with full auto & 2a. Bur Can you imagine the home defense rifles & pistols that could have been manufactured since 1986? I would be willing to bet the Moss 500 would probably be replaced with a full auto Benelli for HD now.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
Ya, I got all excited when I got this one updated in my subscribed tread.
Anybody heard anything new in the last year?

The only thing for me is: I met this really old dude who has an amazing collection of full auto's that start from pre WW1- WW2. He even let me shoot anything I wanted to.
He told me how mad he got when he paid $40 for a grease gun. All I could say was I just shot more than $40 in ammo. He just laughed & said, all the ammo has been paid for for years & not to worry about it. He showed me the ammo, all ww2 stuff.
I know this has nothing to do with full auto & 2a. Bur Can you imagine the home defense rifles & pistols that could have been manufactured since 1986? I would be willing to bet the Moss 500 would probably be replaced with a full auto Benelli for HD now.
Wow inflation is a bitch, a full auto benelli, that would be great.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #80

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

ill send this to everyone i know

Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry