Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan View Post
What if I said "I have nothing against CC. I understand you'd like to CC, but it doesn't matter to me and I don't want to. It's too heavy and uncomfortable. I work from home and have plenty of guns there. But I do want a machine gun, and until they reopen the registry I'm not going to help you with your CC cause."

We need to help each other. As long as we don't, we'll keep losing our liberties.
I'm not going to help you with your cc cause. Snoman you want something for fun something not needed but wanted that is the different you saying your not helping CC cause all of your last post about 2A this 2A that were all fails another gun owner that dose not care about other gun owners that deserve the right to CC

Old 08-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #62

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangelgabriel View Post
Mr M14's Rock, your correct they do....... and i miss mine... NGIB, i found the best way to solve the Why do you need Full Auto question, is to just take them out for a shot at the range...

Anyway, i live in a **** hole called Australia ( not for to much longer ) we used to be able to own machine guns, didnt even have to register them or have a license in one state..
And why you consider there were nearly 1 million licensed shooters in Australia, out of a population of 22 million, thats allot of voters..
Yet 1996 happened, and thy wanted to ban almost everything......
The pistol shooting community didnt want to get involved "as they were already heavily regulated" the Dee hunters association didnt want to get involved because they didnt use Semi auto etc, The farming community didnt want to get involved, because they didnt really need military style Semi auto's and they government said they would revoke their fuel subsidy if they went against it..

So in the end about 650,000 guns got destroyed, 99% of farmers lost their semi autos, yes even the humble Ruger 10-22.... The pistol shooting community a few years later lost the right too own any non target style pistol, so it was 22lr target pistols, and only up too 9mm/.357.. you could get a exemption if you were a full time IHMSA shooter....
AND now, the new laws are about to come in..... you now have to be a member of a gun club, have a property to shoot on of a minimum 1000 acre size in some states and Justify every gun you own and shoot it on a regular basis on the range, sign the register and that goes to the police so they know what your doing, all ammunition, powder, primer purchase is recorded for the police, and you can only buy ammo for the gun your registered having...
If you are found with a grip screw from a 1911 and not licensed to have it, you will be charged with been in possession of a unlicensed handgun, oh yes, you read that correct....
So make sure your house is clean, heaven forbid you have a old grip screw from a old SP1 AR15 in your draw, you could do 5 years in prison for it...

So guys, SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE SHOOTING COMMUNITY DOESNT STICK TOGETHER...... JUST IMAGINE IF 50,000,000 AMERICAN GUN OWNERS MARCHED ON THE WHITE HOUSE AND SAID ENOUGH IS ENOUGH....

Anyway, im moving to GODS OWN COUNTRY where i can have any Machine gun i want, pop down the range and have a shoot..... And my first purchase is going to be the Norinco MP5 copy.... they have a better fit and finish the the HK ones...lol.....
where is this magical place you speak off? lol

Old 08-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #63
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2688 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyforlife1972nova View Post
I'm not going to help you with your cc cause. Snoman you want something for fun something not needed but wanted that is the different you saying your not helping CC cause all of your last post about 2A this 2A that were all fails another gun owner that dose not care about other gun owners that deserve the right to CC
Just because it is fun does not mean he should not have it. Just because the speed limit is 55 or 70 or even 80 in some places, does not mean we cannot have cars capable of going much faster. Since it is not legal to drive 180 mph, we cannot own a Suzuki Hayabusa or Kawasaki ZX 14? Corvettes should be restricted to LE agencies an the military?

IMHO the 2nd Amendment applies to firearms, pretty much ALL firearms. Maybe not artillery lke 81mm mortars or 105 mm field guns, but firearms. Machineguns are firearms. Every concession we make because it is "reasonable" makes the next grab more possible.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #64

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just a pleasing 3RD world tropical paradise that has very lax gun laws with a government that is open to my future business interests, my licensing agreement in the trade free zone allows me to have what ever i want... ZERO restrictions.. And after my last visit to Norinco, im eyeing off their payload rifles too........

And Robocop10mm, pre 1996 there used to be a large following in Artillery in Australia.. if you could afford it, guys lobbed it down range... And all banned with not a single recorded offense against anyone with a Bofors or Pack Howitzer...But i agree, unless you all band together, you will end up like Australia..

Old 09-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #65

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

The way I look @ is simple if Snoman thinks he can get the wheels rolling & is willing to put the time,effort & money into starting a grassroots effort I say good for him AND us. Maybe when the war for cc has been won, than maybe all gun owners will have a new focus for all of us in an established arena.
Don't quote me on this but I think the NRA is against Ar 15s. I really can't imagine are lead 2A Org could be against semi-auto rifles. I do no for a fact that they supported Harry Reid. Anyway, my point is to find an established org and start working it.
I think it would be a great economic boom. Put allot of people back to work and maybe get more people into firearms and 2A issues.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #66

And one more thing you don't happen to have a brother named snowball, who can start getting the Nazi laws concerning suppressors overturned?

Old 09-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #67
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5472 Times on 2859 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
. I do no for a fact that they supported Harry Reid.

in wisconsin the nra is a strong supporter of the leftists here that do their level best to destroy gun rights. the nra will never see a dime of my money

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

in wisconsin the nra is a strong supporter of the leftists here that do their level best to destroy gun rights. the nra will never see a dime of my money
Ya, this whole NRA ,pro vs con thing. Is definitely a BIG issue among gun owners.
Im going to joint one soon & always kind of figured it was NRA or nothing & figured out quickly there are other options.
I plan on looking into how the NRA has supported & voted for in the past. Instead of what people say on the forums. I figure that is the least I can do. Considering the numerous good things I already know they have done (CC). Honestly though I'm not going to hold my breath (Harry Reid).

Old 10-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #69

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Sounds like the NRA in WI is actually TRYING to cut its own throat. I think the NRA is important to gun owner rights, but they won't lift a finger to support gun owners like myself who have vintage machineguns. The NRA won't fight the Libs over owning those, probably because they don't want to painted as "pro-war" or as military fanatics. Whatever the reason, I joined CCRKBA instead, so if a machinegun is unlawfully or unjustly siezed and held by a law enforcement, I'll have some legal help getting it back.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Default Youtube!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan View Post
I'd like to buy a machine gun, but they're extremely expensive unless it's a law enforcement purchase. We need to reopen the registry! I have a couple of links relevant to this issue, and I'd welcome everyone's input.

This is a petition to reopen the registry.

This is a blog article about my trip to Knob Creek last weekend, with a video of the machine gun shoot.

I believe the registration requirement is unconstitutional, but the closed registry is especially onerous. Let's get it reopened so you can buy machine guns at reasonable prices again, and more people can afford them.
Hey Snoman...haven't I seen you on youtube with an FNP-45 Tactical and an AAC TI RANT supressor? I have the same setup & love it!

Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry