Reopen the machine gun registry! - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan View Post
....until they reopen the registry I'm not going to help you with your CC cause."

We need to help each other. As long as we don't, we'll keep losing our liberties.
Hold on...
Doesn't statement B Contradict statement A?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 06-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I have no issues at all discussing gun control or machine guns at PTA meetings or anywhere else. Most people have been misled about guns and don't have a strong opinion against them.

If I explained that legally owned FA's are highly regulated and the owners thoroughly checked out by uncle sugar for months, they would probably be surprised. And that there has only ever been one crime committed with one.

If I explain that the reason FA are not completely illegal is because the court was afraid that, as military style arms they were protected by the 2A, they could be taxed but not banned, people start paying attention.

A calm, rational discussion that points out the facts of gun ownership is hard for an Anti to counter effectively. I've never had a conversation with an Anti, and had them come out on top. Never. All they have is emotion. I've had them storm away pissed, but never win.

My office is on the west side of L.A. Most people assume that the hoity toity westside folk are all anti gun. Wrong. Last month I sent an email to everyone in my company to see if any of them wanted to go to the range. Not a single person responded with anger or negativity. Many were shocked, but very curious. Several politely declined. But 32 of them ended up accompanying me to the range.

We were there from 08:25 to 18:45. I had a rabidly anti gun girl come and bring her dad. He is English and thinks (thought!) all guns should be destroyed. They had a blast, and want to take some classes. He could not wait to tell all his lefty friends that he went shooting and loved it. Hmm...Another guy had his 9yo son hammering away with a rented SigSauer P229 in .40SW. They are both hooked. A woman brought her husband and now they want private lessons and 2 guns. Another wants a gun and lessons. The list goes on....

And now everyone is asking me to do it again next month, and saying they will bring more people.

I still have about 20 guns left to clean, just in time to dirty them up again, but do not care. Converting people is awesome.

So, I have no problem calmly discussing any form of gun control with people.
sorry for quoting the whole thing, but three questions.
when ya going next, and where at? And, would it be possible for my dad and I to(possibly) join ya'll.
If so, I've got some 22s i'm not TOO worried about sharing, an ar15 and twelve gauge that I'll watch closer,
and maybe my dad'll lend out the 9mm and 40( sig 2009 and S&W Sigma, respectively)

Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #53

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
sorry for quoting the whole thing, but three questions.
when ya going next, and where at? And, would it be possible for my dad and I to(possibly) join ya'll.
If so, I've got some 22s i'm not TOO worried about sharing, an ar15 and twelve gauge that I'll watch closer,
and maybe my dad'll lend out the 9mm and 40( sig 2009 and S&W Sigma, respectively)
No set schedule, I am at one of our local shooting hotspots pretty regularly. This event took place at Oak Tree Gun Club near Saugus.

Always possible for you to attend, but sometimes the decision to go is spur of the moment when my wife tells me to "go shooting". And if I'm at Oak Tree by myself you would fine me on a skeet field, not the pistol range.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 06-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #54

Well later tonight i'll see just how far that is, and if it's close enough I'll bring all the cool tools I can the next time you take a "work party" lol

Old 06-30-2010, 12:02 AM   #55

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Well later tonight i'll see just how far that is, and if it's close enough I'll bring all the cool tools I can the next time you take a "work party" lol
From the IE on a Saturday morning it will take a long time. But they open at 0800 so that would only take about an hour at that time.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-30-2010, 02:50 AM   #56

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
There's about as much chance of this happening in today's political climate as me winning the Powerball lottery. There isn't even handgun carry allowed everywhere and this would help more folks than Class 3 stuff...
No one ever thought the 1994 ban would ever be let to expire either but it did and we have won some major victories since.

Since then, here in Kansas the Concealed Carry and Class III bans have both been over turned ... I believe there is hope!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #57

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Mr M14's Rock, your correct they do....... and i miss mine... NGIB, i found the best way to solve the Why do you need Full Auto question, is to just take them out for a shot at the range...

Anyway, i live in a **** hole called Australia ( not for to much longer ) we used to be able to own machine guns, didnt even have to register them or have a license in one state..
And why you consider there were nearly 1 million licensed shooters in Australia, out of a population of 22 million, thats allot of voters..
Yet 1996 happened, and thy wanted to ban almost everything......
The pistol shooting community didnt want to get involved "as they were already heavily regulated" the Dee hunters association didnt want to get involved because they didnt use Semi auto etc, The farming community didnt want to get involved, because they didnt really need military style Semi auto's and they government said they would revoke their fuel subsidy if they went against it..

So in the end about 650,000 guns got destroyed, 99% of farmers lost their semi autos, yes even the humble Ruger 10-22.... The pistol shooting community a few years later lost the right too own any non target style pistol, so it was 22lr target pistols, and only up too 9mm/.357.. you could get a exemption if you were a full time IHMSA shooter....
AND now, the new laws are about to come in..... you now have to be a member of a gun club, have a property to shoot on of a minimum 1000 acre size in some states and Justify every gun you own and shoot it on a regular basis on the range, sign the register and that goes to the police so they know what your doing, all ammunition, powder, primer purchase is recorded for the police, and you can only buy ammo for the gun your registered having...
If you are found with a grip screw from a 1911 and not licensed to have it, you will be charged with been in possession of a unlicensed handgun, oh yes, you read that correct....
So make sure your house is clean, heaven forbid you have a old grip screw from a old SP1 AR15 in your draw, you could do 5 years in prison for it...

So guys, SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE SHOOTING COMMUNITY DOESNT STICK TOGETHER...... JUST IMAGINE IF 50,000,000 AMERICAN GUN OWNERS MARCHED ON THE WHITE HOUSE AND SAID ENOUGH IS ENOUGH....

Anyway, im moving to GODS OWN COUNTRY where i can have any Machine gun i want, pop down the range and have a shoot..... And my first purchase is going to be the Norinco MP5 copy.... they have a better fit and finish the the HK ones...lol.....

Old 11-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #58

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

I signed the petition and I will spread the link to others I know would be interested

Glaine ár gcroí, neart ár ngéag agus beart de réir ár mbriathar - ARW
(The cleanliness of our hearts, the strength of our limbs and our commitment to our promise)

Old 08-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #59

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
im with ya snoman...and your right on the prices that MG's go for...military,law enforcment agencies,ect... get the the good deals
but that is because they buy more than one or two at a time...i have seen m-16,m-4's go for a mere 650.00 for military,but they are buying 200k at a time..i think we would have a better chance trying to get free lap dances @ bingo then getting the GCA abolished or rewriten????
after all its only fair for citizens to have anything our government has
fight the good fight
Free lap dances @ bingo?? Sign me up!!!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #60

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan View Post
I'd like to buy a machine gun, but they're extremely expensive unless it's a law enforcement purchase. We need to reopen the registry! I have a couple of links relevant to this issue, and I'd welcome everyone's input.

This is a petition to reopen the registry.

This is a blog article about my trip to Knob Creek last weekend, with a video of the machine gun shoot.

I believe the registration requirement is unconstitutional, but the closed registry is especially onerous. Let's get it reopened so you can buy machine guns at reasonable prices again, and more people can afford them.
I signed it.

Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry