Reopen the machine gun registry! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I want a "machine gun" too By the way...But I just don't have the money to turn into noise tight now.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #32

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I would say thank god.

There is nothing that is keeping you from owning a Class III right now.

The only thing that is keeping you from owning one is the fact that you are too LAZY to work for it.
One thing about this form of communication, these online forums, is that people will sometimes say things they'd be ashamed to say face to face.

I have an exemplary work ethic, and I'm teaching it to my five children. While I work tirelessly and thanklessly on my own time to defend and restore liberties in the country God blessed us with, you're so self-centered you're only concerned with your own little comfort zone. For you to call me lazy is not merely a dark irony, it's insulting, which is no doubt what you intended.

You have no appreciation for the price our forefathers paid for our liberty. They pledged "their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor" to secure the blessings of liberty for themselves and their posterity. That's us. And while the enemies of liberty are chipping away our freedoms, you're helping them and insulting those who are defending you.

Fine. I and many others will go on without you. We'll secure our liberties for both the deserving and the undeserving. That's the way it has always been.
paul Likes This 
Old 04-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #33

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Are you done whining yet?

Old 04-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #34

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Are you done whining yet?
Amen..........

Old 04-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #35

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

This has been an interesting read.

I agree with SnoMan that we need to fight all of the restrictions on our rights. And I agree with Tango and NGIB that we need to do so effectively.

The 2A was written to protect the ownership of the latest military hardware. In the 1930's a $200 tax stamp was considered a de-facto banning. Most Americans could not afford $200.

In early 1986 a used FA Uzi was $325; cheaper than a SA because of the PITA factor to own one. By late May 1986 they were double that price and kept rising.

No gun lasts forever, and as registered FA's wear out, "their" plan was that FA ownership would die it's own slow death as the guns wore out.

I have seen huge advances made in our fight(s) for gun rights in the last 10 years. I never expected the federal AW Ban to end, did you? We are on the right track towards restoring all of our gun rights, but need to remain on the offensive and continue to support the cause of ALL gun rights.

If we fall into the "I don't care about _________ guns" we will die the death of 1,000 cuts.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #36

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Class III SGCUSA.com - SGCUSA.com

heres some class 3 for you to purchase

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #37

If we turn the discussion into "My favorite gun rights are more important than your favorite gun rights" nothing constructive will ever happen.

Then we can all sit around and whine about "Those other guys" who ruined it for everyone.

Jeez.....

Old 04-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #38

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

We didn't HE (SNOMAN) did.

We simply said that we need to fight battles that we have a chance of winning. Look VA just added Bar's and any place that serves Alcohol to the list of places you can now CC in. that is a victory.

I am not saying that his rights are less important than mine. I am saying that the only thing keeping him from owning a MG right now is him.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #39

I agree, Tango. The CC issue has become a fight that IS winning, nationwide. There have even been attempts to make CA a "Shall Issue" instead of a "May Issue".

But I also see SnoMans POV too. In 1994 if more trap and skeet shooters, and hunters, had stepped up and defended the right to own Semi Autos, the ban would not have happened most likely. But "we" were factionalized and weak.

When we have our own people (Jim Zumbo, NRA Boardmember Jaoquin Jackson, etc) saying that Americans should not own AR15's, we should see that as a call to action.

Not that my opinion matters around here, but I think we should support each other.

If they suddenly declared that blackpowder "guns" would be treated like smokeless/cartridge guns, I would support the blackpowder guys in any way possible, even though I'm not into blackpowder.

There has only been a single crime committed with a legal Class 3 that I'm aware of, and that was a dirty cop. Seems to me this gives a pretty good defense to the ownership (without onerous expense) of Class 3.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #40

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Here is realism:

The percentage of folks in this country that are pro gun and pro 2A is small (the media in general portrays us as dangerous radicals).

The percentage of folks in this country that are anti gun and anti 2A is small (include the majority of the media in this category).

The percentage of folks in this country that could care less is everyone else (many rely on the mainstream media for their news).

Without the support of the "could care less" folks, no advances are made. We can depend on the media to demonize guns every chance they get so these folks are inundated with horror stories. While many of these people could support the value of personal protection guns and carrying guns - I suspect many will never understand the "need" for a citizen to own a fully automatic weapon. To press for full-auto weapons now when we don't even have "shall issue" in all 50 states seems premature and dangerous to me.

We need support from the rank & file to win 2A battles and I for one doubt that the public at large is ready to embrace their neighbor owning a 240 Bravo...

Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry