Originally Posted by cpttango30
OK last time for you who can't figure it out yet.
1. If you can own a rifle or pistol them more than likely you can own a Class III weapon.
2. Many more people can't own a handgun that can't own Class III.
Can you own a Class III?
Why don't you?
They cost too much work harder save more money and buy one.
These people are still trying to ban handguns what makes you think they are going to open Class III to anyone? It is a lofty goal but there is just no way in this country at this time it will happen. Why not focus more power towards something we can fix like CCW.
You can't own an AR in Ca unless it's some abomination that looks like mickey mouse created it. They are not going to let you own a Class III.
Now if we can get the handgun ban lifted then work on the Assault weapon ban then we work on the class III and other stuff.
This stuff no matter how wrong was done for a reason. Liberals think it is protecting us from the bad guys.
So according to you, we can't reopen the registry unless they "let us." Of course
they're not going to "let us" have Class III! I'm not looking for them to "let me" reopen the registry, I'm looking for some people who will fight for our right
to reopen the registry.
Tango, you present the textbook case of the sort of mindset I'm trying to change. You talk like we need their permission for our rights. We don't. We have to take them. They stole our rights in the first place -- they're not going to give them back.
Right now there are only two states in which CC is entirely denied. How much progress do you want to make on this single issue before you start working on another front??
Our liberties are being assaulted everywhere, not just the 2A. The government
- tells us how much water our toilets can flush,
- what kind of light bulbs and appliances we have to buy,
- how much we have to pay our employees,
- forces us to buy health insurance whether we like it or not,
- uses our taxes to pay for the gruesome murder of babies in the womb,
- dictates the educational curriculum of our children,
- subjects our newborns to medical tests without our consent,
- spends the nation into bankruptcy,
- steals from half the citizens and with that money buys the votes of the other half,
- and just generally ignores its constitutional limitations.
Meanwhile we have a bunch of sheepish citizens watching all this happen and urging us to continue the same feckless do-little strategy that has got us in this mess. People like NGIB have served their country in the armed forces, and maybe they feel like they've paid their dues. OK, let every man be guided by his conscience.
But most of us have done little or nothing to defend our liberties until now, and we've lost them. The most subversive enemy of our liberties is right now
the ruling class in the government. Those elected representatives need to be replaced or subjected to intense political pressure to give up their power, and the unelected tyrants known as bureaucrats, czars, and executive agencies have to be fired and dismantled.
I do not now and never have advocated violence in opposition to government, but I do insist that those live under the banner of liberty in this country get active and defend that liberty. And right now we're in a serious crisis.
So come along and let's take our country back.