Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

its ridiculous that a $5 part to make a rifle a machine gun is like $5000(or more)

" It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six. " - Nick Stone

Old 04-17-2010, 04:08 AM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Knock yourself out dude. I was just stating my opinion.

IMHO, we need to fight battles we actually have a chance to win as that sets the stage for the next one. "They" didn't regulate everything overnight and we will not de-regulate everything overnight - this will be a long battle one small piece at a time...
what in the heck is IMHO? Also what is IMO?

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #23

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
what in the heck is IMHO? Also what is IMO?
In My Humble Opinion. Drop the Humble for IMO...

Old 04-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
OK last time for you who can't figure it out yet.

1. If you can own a rifle or pistol them more than likely you can own a Class III weapon.

2. Many more people can't own a handgun that can't own Class III.

Can you own a Class III?

If yes

Why don't you?

They cost too much work harder save more money and buy one.

These people are still trying to ban handguns what makes you think they are going to open Class III to anyone? It is a lofty goal but there is just no way in this country at this time it will happen. Why not focus more power towards something we can fix like CCW.

You can't own an AR in Ca unless it's some abomination that looks like mickey mouse created it. They are not going to let you own a Class III.

Now if we can get the handgun ban lifted then work on the Assault weapon ban then we work on the class III and other stuff.

This stuff no matter how wrong was done for a reason. Liberals think it is protecting us from the bad guys.
So according to you, we can't reopen the registry unless they "let us." Of course they're not going to "let us" have Class III! I'm not looking for them to "let me" reopen the registry, I'm looking for some people who will fight for our right to reopen the registry.

Tango, you present the textbook case of the sort of mindset I'm trying to change. You talk like we need their permission for our rights. We don't. We have to take them. They stole our rights in the first place -- they're not going to give them back.

Right now there are only two states in which CC is entirely denied. How much progress do you want to make on this single issue before you start working on another front??

Our liberties are being assaulted everywhere, not just the 2A. The government
  1. tells us how much water our toilets can flush,
  2. what kind of light bulbs and appliances we have to buy,
  3. how much we have to pay our employees,
  4. forces us to buy health insurance whether we like it or not,
  5. uses our taxes to pay for the gruesome murder of babies in the womb,
  6. dictates the educational curriculum of our children,
  7. subjects our newborns to medical tests without our consent,
  8. spends the nation into bankruptcy,
  9. steals from half the citizens and with that money buys the votes of the other half,
  10. and just generally ignores its constitutional limitations.

Meanwhile we have a bunch of sheepish citizens watching all this happen and urging us to continue the same feckless do-little strategy that has got us in this mess. People like NGIB have served their country in the armed forces, and maybe they feel like they've paid their dues. OK, let every man be guided by his conscience.

But most of us have done little or nothing to defend our liberties until now, and we've lost them. The most subversive enemy of our liberties is right now the ruling class in the government. Those elected representatives need to be replaced or subjected to intense political pressure to give up their power, and the unelected tyrants known as bureaucrats, czars, and executive agencies have to be fired and dismantled.

I do not now and never have advocated violence in opposition to government, but I do insist that those live under the banner of liberty in this country get active and defend that liberty. And right now we're in a serious crisis.

So come along and let's take our country back.
snyder77 Likes This 
Old 04-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #25

Liked 1641 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1094

I have nothing against full auto. I understand that you want one. I do not need one. Nor do I want one. I spend enough time reloading now. I have a safe full of guns. Until everyone else is allowed to own a hand gun, and carry it for self defense, this is not an argument I am ready to fight for.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #26

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have nothing against full auto. I understand that you want one. I do not need one. Nor do I want one. I spend enough time reloading now. I have a safe full of guns. Until everyone else is allowed to own a hand gun, and carry it for self defense, this is not an argument I am ready to fight for.
What if I said "I have nothing against CC. I understand you'd like to CC, but it doesn't matter to me and I don't want to. It's too heavy and uncomfortable. I work from home and have plenty of guns there. But I do want a machine gun, and until they reopen the registry I'm not going to help you with your CC cause."

We need to help each other. As long as we don't, we'll keep losing our liberties.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #27

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan View Post
What if I said "I have nothing against CC. I understand you'd like to CC, but it doesn't matter to me and I don't want to. It's too heavy and uncomfortable. I work from home and have plenty of guns there. But I do want a machine gun, and until they reopen the registry I'm not going to help you with your CC cause."

We need to help each other. As long as we don't, we'll keep losing our liberties.
I would say thank god.

There is nothing that is keeping you from owning a Class III right now.

The only thing that is keeping you from owning one is the fact that you are too LAZY to work for it.

Last edited by cpttango30; 04-17-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #28

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

holy crap its getting thick in here.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:45 AM   #29

I simply believe that there are many who cant own guns, because of the state or city they live in. That's why my time and concerns should be with them first. Yes it would be great to buy a FA at a lower cost. But, what is more important to you? I guess that is the question? I hope it works out for you

Old 04-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #30

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Well, the simple truth is you can have a machine gun if you want one bad enough. You might have to move to a state that allows it and you have to jump through the hoops to get the tax stamp but you can. The big question is if it is really wrong to have to jump through these hoops (and I do believe it is) just what is anyone doing about it? Tango and others are right. You can have one and if you want things to change then the best way would be to fix the potholes on this bumpy road as you/we reach them. You can't just kick the door wide open. It just will not work.

In my state (Ky.) the amount of registered voters being taking off the list due to inactivity, death, etc. are not being replaced by new registered voters. And while it is very true that one vote does not make a difference think about this. If just 10% of conservatives that should be registered or didn't bother to show up at the polls did how many things might be different today? I'm sure that this trend of dwindling voters is not just a Ky. stump jumper thing. How many conservative or pro gun people running for public office were beaten by a margin around 10-20%? I'm sure there was a few. I really do not know.But just think. If it was just a few the balance of power in the two houses might have not been like it is today. How many people reading this thread that would like to have a "machine gun" (personally I think all firearms might qualify as a machine by definition) are actively working with organizations, clubs, etc. to ensure not only the freedoms lost to us now but for the freedoms that we fear can be taken from us later? I'm sure that there are at least a couple doing nothing but saying "what can I do? One man can't take on our uncle!" The Obamaphiles were going door to door getting people registered. It didn't matter if they understood the issues. In fact it might be better if they didn't. I personally know many that voted for him and others like him because they just hated Bush or actually bought into the BS that they spoon fed them. and some of those are pretty pissed off that they did now that they see what is happening.

The brave people that got this country started put a lot on the line to see it happen. They were not the majority. They put up their fortunes, as well as the very lives of themselves and their families. And they had no idea what a machine gun is. They just didn't want to be pushed around by people that could care less if they lived or died. Many others have paid a very high price as well. Just think about those Depression era people that many had next to nothing but still believed enough in this country to hit the ground running when other nations went and gave us a black eye. We have a volunteer armed forces now willing to do the same. I would think we owe those people a pretty big debt. AS well as our children for the debt we are leaving them as it is now.

Bottom line is we can't just say it isn't fair. But we can't just expect the door to bust wide open and expect a full auto behind every door and a chicken in every pot. We're going to have to work for every inch of that door to open. and if we expect to see the goal reached we need to take it one step at a time.

In the mean time things are how they are and all the fist pumping and forum posting we can do will not make things change. So in the mean time in you want a full auto, suppressor, etc. Go get the Class III stamp and pay big money for your weapon because even though they are pumping them out all over the world in big numbers the ones we have here now are all we are going to see. Big demand,,Small supply... Simple economics. If I want to get one I can if I go through the paces. Most of us that can legally own a handgun or rifle can get the Class III. If your state does not and you want it bad enough I guess you're going to move. It's our right to move freely in this country. As for me I am always looking for ways to help make things better. And the start of that is to do what I can to see that people use that one right that really is more important than them all. The right to vote. Everything in the Constitution can go away in a flash unless we the people do all we can to get the power mad out of office and get people in that will listen to the ones that they are supposed to be working for. I often wonder what things would be like now if a small percentage of those that should be voting did. Or all the one vote don't make a difference people voted.

Sorry in advance to the FTF staff for this long winded post. I just get a little wound up seeing this topic time and again. It just should be this way...Well it's not. And that is put in the lap of the American people for allowing it to happen.

Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry