Reopen the machine gun registry! - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts

Speaking of obamacare someone told me after jan 1 if you sell your house 3% of the sales price is sent to fund obamacare if that is indeed true it is crazy.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #152

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brue182 View Post
Speaking of obamacare someone told me after jan 1 if you sell your house 3% of the sales price is sent to fund obamacare if that is indeed true it is crazy.
Not exactly. It is 3.8% on the GAINS. So for a single person if they make less than $250,000 in profit, or $500,000 for a married couple, they won't pay that. YET!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #153
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2109 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 3175

Call those pro-gunners in congress and ask them to sneak legislation opening the registry into a must have bill.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #154

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Call those pro-gunners in congress and ask them to sneak legislation opening the registry into a must have bill.
Neva been done befo!!

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #155
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

I don't understand why the gun industry didn't sue whe the NFA was signed, the hughes amendment was signed and when the awb was signed, I honestly think they would have won.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #156

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

YOU and everyone of us would love to see it happen ..but it was during pres regan that it was changed...with commie obomba whos dream/goal is to totaly disarm us it will never happen..im not trying to be negative just a realist...how they changed it so fast back then is scary....as i have 2 silencer in a gun shop awaiting the 6 months i hear for atf to ok....if obomba does not change that law..he could but i think after he gets other things done in congress he going to as he said go after our reg guns ..but so many in congress know its there death for a job should they try it like before...........atf is loving it knowing that over time all the full auto guns will wear out and the gool getting smaller each day sadly

Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #157

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgeese View Post
but it was during pres regan that it was changed
This was the only part I could make out. I think I get your point though. Alzheimer's was kicking in pretty hard when that happened. He probably just skipped that part of the bill when he signed it. I don't think we can look forward to the Hughes amendment getting overturned anytime soon.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #158

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan View Post
Wow. You'd think this would be a place to find champions of the second amendment.

My motivation is liberty, and I'm willing to take action to regain lost liberties. Concealed carry is not the only issue relevant to our liberties, and I don't see why I should be ashamed of myself for advancing a multi-front battle to restore them.

I've run into opposition from people who already own a machine gun. They don't want to reopen the registry because it will cause them to lose value. They're willing to trade my liberty for their financial gain. Shame on them.
I'm an FFL/SOT Holder and i totaly disagree with your comment re opposing the registry to escalate Class III values.I personally know dozens of machine gun owners and i have never heard any of them mnention anything like that..To a person, current Class III owners would love to see
a machine gun registry and reasonable pricing for Class III firearms
It's hard to make a profit on machine guns and silencers uless you have been doing it a long time and are very well connected.An M16 for $18K or an MP5 for $14K hardly leaves much room for profit.Dealers are lucky if they can make $100 profit on a suppressor.
Sorry, but your assertion re the registry and current SMG owners just aint so , Joe.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #159

Liked 1449 Times on 880 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan View Post
I'd like to buy a machine gun, but they're extremely expensive unless it's a law enforcement purchase. We need to reopen the registry! I have a couple of links relevant to this issue, and I'd welcome everyone's input.

This is a petition to reopen the registry.

This is a blog article about my trip to Knob Creek last weekend, with a video of the machine gun shoot.

I believe the registration requirement is unconstitutional, but the closed registry is especially onerous. Let's get it reopened so you can buy machine guns at reasonable prices again, and more people can afford them.
They can still be bought, but they are reserved for the people who can afford them. You would be far more likely to win the lottery and buy all you want then, especially today, to get the registry opened.

Call Ruben A. Mendiola, Jr. He can fix you up with a nice MG.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 04-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #160

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
They can still be bought, but they are reserved for the people who can afford them. You would be far more likely to win the lottery and buy all you want then, especially today, to get the registry opened.

Call Ruben A. Mendiola, Jr. He can fix you up with a nice MG.
Also, Frank Goephert, Frank's Guns/Midwest Tactical, who in my opinion is the very best I have dealt with and a super nice guy.
SMG's can be affordable
MAC 10 or Mac 11 under $5K is a great first SMG...with a Gemtech Viper suppressor, an awesone machine gun. that is totally reliable and parts are readily available, though i have never seen one breakdown!
I have an Ingram MAC 10 45 Powder Springs (the most collectible and valuable..stay away from the LA or TX MACS...the welds are prone to failure)
You can find Sten guns around $4K.
But yes, the more popular and exotic SMG's, like M16's,Thompsons,MP 5, MG 40 and 42,BAR's (most expensive) can get very expensive as do crew served ,belt fed, MG's.
But nothing as much fun as shooting full auto if you like guns! Plus, there are MG competitions now all over the country if you want to compete.

Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry