Reopen the machine gun registry! - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderkeg

Don't know what army you where in but 12 yrs of humping around a service rifle beats the **** out of a Leo crash course in marksmanship. No army by the way usmc but dont realy think there's a deference
Therein lies the difference, you were (are) a Marine. There is a significant difference in marksmanship training between the average soldier and the average Marine. The USMC actually trains recruiters how to shoot and shoot well. I was in the Army and had the regular distain for Marines until after I got out and studied a bit about the Marine Corps while in college. The Marine Corps trains cooks to a standard that the Army trains infantrymen, and does a damn sight better at training marksmanship. The Corps also trains EVERY Marine to be a leader in training, so much so that it has not been uncommon for E-3s to be in squad leader positions leading assaults as compared to Corporals and Sergeants doing so in the Army.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #142

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Well, Dumbama got re-elected, so there goes the possibility of getting the Hughes amendment overturned, unless someone sneaks it through like they did the Hughes amendment on Reagan in '86. That would be poetic justice for you.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #143

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7X57Mauser View Post
Therein lies the difference, you were (are) a Marine. There is a significant difference in marksmanship training between the average soldier and the average Marine. The USMC actually trains recruiters how to shoot and shoot well. I was in the Army and had the regular distain for Marines until after I got out and studied a bit about the Marine Corps while in college. The Marine Corps trains cooks to a standard that the Army trains infantrymen, and does a damn sight better at training marksmanship. The Corps also trains EVERY Marine to be a leader in training, so much so that it has not been uncommon for E-3s to be in squad leader positions leading assaults as compared to Corporals and Sergeants doing so in the Army.
E3 Marine = E6 Army .
I've been that E3 squad leader. We had E4s or very senior E3s as platoon sergeants from time to time as well.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #144

Sergeant First Class here, retiring next year. I have had the privilege of having worked alongside Marine mechanics my entire career, and most are very dedicated, hardworking, and respectful. They were so busy being the few and the Proud that they didn't have time to diss the other branches. The very few that weren't were losers who couldn't cut it in the Marines or Army, and spent their time pissing and moaning about one thing or another, and either did one and done in the Marines, or enlisted in the Army once they got out figuring they would get an easy ride, only to spend their time pissing and moaning about how sorry the Army was, where they couldn't cut it here either. I have served with E3 Soldiers who were hard chargers that led squads, and yes, served with E6's who shouln't have been put in charge of bagging burgers at a fast food joint, and yes, in both branches. All services have people who are the highest caliber, and in the same breath you will have ****bags who will find a shade tree to sit under when the boss's back is turned. We have a few Soldiers in this forum who dedicated proud service in multiple theaters, to include Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, OIF, and OEF, and other theaters. I beleive one is a moderator. No slight to the proud Marines who have served, but those who have served honorably in any branch deserve better than to be slighted by someone who have not walked a mile in their shoes.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #145

I beleive we have gotten way off the original topic of the thread, which I beleive the intent was to repeal or at least minimize the effects of the Hughes amendment to the FOPA, which outlawed the conversion of semi automatic firearms so they could shoot more than one shot per trigger squeeze.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #146

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts

All you need to do is find someone who will piggy back it onto a vital bill, like they did with the UIGEA onto a must pass port securities bill on the last day of the last hour congress meets for the year. Many of them will be more worried about opening up their vacation homes on the coast then what is attached to said bill.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #147
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brue182 View Post
All you need to do is find someone who will piggy back it onto a vital bill, like they did with the UIGEA onto a must pass port securities bill on the last day of the last hour congress meets for the year. Many of them will be more worried about opening up their vacation homes on the coast then what is attached to said bill.
sounds good, but highly improbable. as the average citizen has no way of being able to attach riders to bills, and unless you know someone with the power to do so, it ain't happening unless someone who is able to do do does.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #148

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Default I want a MG

Snoman, you have/had a good point and presented it with respect to the others on the forum. I don't understand why Cpttango30 and NGIB started the mud slinging with you just because an issue is important to you and not to them. It's not right for people to get 'tag teamed" as you have been by forum readers that have different opinions. I wish a moderator would have interveened before the replies began getting down right rude. Good luck in your pursuit of what you feel is right.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #149

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brue182 View Post
They should have tacked it onto ObamaCare.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Snoman, you have/had a good point and presented it with respect to the others on the forum. I don't understand why Cpttango30 and NGIB started the mud slinging with you just because an issue is important to you and not to them. It's not right for people to get 'tag teamed" as you have been by forum readers that have different opinions. I wish a moderator would have interveened before the replies began getting down right rude. Good luck in your pursuit of what you feel is right.
Sounds like your post got bumped from another similar thread.

My bad; didn't go far enough back.

Last edited by fsted2a; 11-21-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry