Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

That and the congress that supports them. I think we are going to have to have a clean sweep to get the ban lifted, and unfortunately I don't see it happening any time soon. Every time some idiot commits a murder with something more advanced than a flintlock, we get a bunch of jackasses calling for more gun laws to advance their global government agenda in support of the antichrist.
The problem is not us law abiding citizens as we are not allowed. Its the thugs etc. who don't care who take advantage which is the usual issue as to why law makers try to impose restrictions to the lawful right of the Law Abiding American Citizens.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #112

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Getting back to the original topic, I don't see the machine gun registry opening any time soon unless:
A. We get sufficient pro 2nd amendment Senators and Congressmen along with a pro 2nd amendment President elected. Romney is more gun friendly than Obama, but not by much.
OR.
Someone takes the Hughes amendment all the way to the US Supreme court and gets it overturned, and I don't see that happening.
Looks like we're stuck with the slide fire.
Your not stuck with slidefire. There are hundreds of transferable MG's up for sale every day. If you don't believe me, take a look at Sturm or SubGuns. Both have a variety of weapons for sale. All it takes is money.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #113
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man

Your not stuck with slidefire. There are hundreds of transferable MG's up for sale every day. If you don't believe me, take a look at Sturm or SubGuns. Both have a variety of weapons for sale. All it takes is money.
Depends where you are, some states it will be easier to find them, I'm guessing do to the amount of people. up here in MA there is a store that has tons of em. But that may be because we have a smaller population than say TX, where do to population it may be harder.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #114

Liked 210 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
Unfortunately, none have been built since the '86 ban, and that makes them financially out of reach unless you have about 10 grand or so, even bargain basement subguns are going for over 7 grand, and those are not really what most of us desire. Then there is the fee the LGS will charge for his participation. You CANNOT get a new one as a civilian. If you want something really reliable, a safe queen will run you over 15 grand-I have seen them go over 20 thousand. On top of that, depending on where you are, a transferrable machine gun can take up to 6 months for all the hoops you have to jump through for the transfer. Yeah, I know there are people who have done it a few times who can get it done with less headache. All of this is for a USED machine gun, which you may have to have repaired or restored. So something that would maybe cost about $500 or so over the cost to build it costs about $15,000 or so above it's manufactured cost. A slide fire is about $350.00 or so, and requires a minimal of effort. Do the math.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 10-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Why don't we all stop allowing these scumbags take our constitutional freedoms from us, any intelligent person can see why there is a practical use for a fully automatic weapon, even though they may not want one, the problem is those of us who believe that they are practical but may not want one, and those of us who do want one (such as me), we are not standing up for our rights. When the hughes amendment was passed, what did the gun community do, we took it like, we didn't fight and overturn it, and we didn't tell the government to go shove up their asses and buy and convert full autos anyway. When the clinton bans were passed, what did we do, the same thing. Not only are these bans unfair to those of us who would never harm someone for no reason and just want to pursue our passion and protect our familys, but they just outright lies. The POS's that passed these laws dont care about "safety", they do it so they don't have any obstacles for when they impose authoritarian restrictions on us and tax us like the nation we fought for our independence from, and why do they do this, to fatten their wallets. And do they follow these restrictions, of course not. Then they get morons like rosie o'donnel to preach it to the people and make us look nuts when we have a factually based argument instead of moronic hysteria like they do. And when you tell them something intelligent like, if gun control works why is california(nations worst gun laws) not the safest state and New Hampshire(nations best gun laws) actually is, or you say, gun control can't work because according to you it is to take guns out of the hands of criminals, when criminals are willing to ignore laws regarding rape and murder, yet you think they will follow laws regarding the weapon that they use to do so. And since they have no answer to anything like that They just say scary words like "assault weapon" and "destructive device". Above all is the fact that gun control is completely unconstitutional.
We keep electing officials that whittle our rights away. Those that work for a living are supporting those that vote. Those that don't vote are governed by their inferiors.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Unfortunately, none have been built since the '86 ban, and that makes them financially out of reach unless you have about 10 grand or so, even bargain basement subguns are going for over 7 grand, and those are not really what most of us desire. Then there is the fee the LGS will charge for his participation. You CANNOT get a new one as a civilian. If you want something really reliable, a safe queen will run you over 15 grand-I have seen them go over 20 thousand. On top of that, depending on where you are, a transferrable machine gun can take up to 6 months for all the hoops you have to jump through for the transfer. Yeah, I know there are people who have done it a few times who can get it done with less headache. All of this is for a USED machine gun, which you may have to have repaired or restored. So something that would maybe cost about $500 or so over the cost to build it costs about $15,000 or so above it's manufactured cost. A slide fire is about $350.00 or so, and requires a minimal of effort. Do the math.
You simply repeated what he already said with word efficiency..."ALL IT TAKES IS MONEY!"

Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #117
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19988 Times on 11362 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

the reason FA firearms are expensive is due to limited amount that are legal for sell, buy or own. with only a limited amount that are legal for ordinary law abiding citizens to buy, it's a seller's market in regards to price.

personally i would like to see a repeal of FA firearms laws, allowing more and modern versions that are now restricted to LE and the military being made available to us common citizens. a repeal of these laws would bring the prices down quite a bit and make them much more affordable. there are probably those who own some FA firearms that would hate to see this happen, because it would decrease the value of the ones they own now.

it also IMO is a direct violation of the 2nd admendment, "shall not be infringed" is being ignored. oh well, these gun laws protect us and keep them out the criminals possession!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #118

I agree that it would be a good thing if the Hughes amendment were overturned, just so the machine guns prices would come down, but I think the slide fire and bumpski are helping stabilize the prices, as I haven't seen them increase since they came out, just from my observation.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
All it takes is money.
A LOT of money. And time and the patience it takes to jump through the legal hoops, at least for the first time.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #120

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan View Post
My point was that the GCA is just as serious an assault on the 2A as concealed carry regs.

In fact, it may be more so -- the GCA restricts a whole lot more people than the few who are forbidden to carry. If you look at the numbers who would benefit from repealing the GCA, they are far more numerous than the few who would benefit from opening CC in a few more jurisdictions.

You say we can't win in this political climate, but all it takes to change the political climate is citizens willing to do it. The opposition is constantly pushing. Let's not sit back and let them.

You guys won't demand your rights because you don't think you'll get them. But you'll never get them if you don't demand them. It's a pretty simple equation.
I didn't read the entire thread, so if this has been mentioned please forgive me.

Yes, being able to purchase a select fire, or belt fed firearm at it's actual worth is important, and a battle that we do need to fight. But not right now.

Politics is a tactical game. You do not fight the battles you know you can't win. Because doing so sets even more precedence against it. Instead you fight the battles that need to be fought that you can win and establish yet more precedence in the courts. Doing this slowly changes the battlefield in our favor that way when the time comes to fight for what you are talking about, we can actually win instead of forcing up another choke point.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

People Like This 

Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry