Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #101
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

exactly! reality is, we will probably never see FA firearms deregulated and easily bought like in the past, and for the record i do support the 2nd admendment and being able to own any type of firearm as long the person is legal to do so. but FullAutoUSA is living in some video game with his mentality of using FA firearms in a SD scenario. it's not practical and even the military has realized that many years ago.
I'm not saying to empty the whole magazine but like small controlled bursts, and yes the practical setting for SD would be semi but it would be nice to know it's there in an emergency.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #102
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,196
Liked 19871 Times on 11287 Posts
Likes Given: 50095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
I'm not saying to empty the whole magazine but like small controlled bursts, and yes the practical setting for SD would be semi but it would be nice to know it's there in an emergency.
FAUSA, as i asked before, how many FA firearms have you fired on an lengthy basis? do you think that in a SD situation, that your emotions and thought process' are going to working at the optimum level to be able to control a FA firearm? there is a big difference in simply because of training required to use a FA firearm effectively. yes the military does, and they train for it, and it's called combat and something some soldiers see on a weekly or daily basis, vs. SD situation that might occur maybe once in a regular persons life.
__________________
Axxe55 is online now  
Dillinger Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #103
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Practicality aside, why is okay for the Feds to have them and law abiding citizens not to have them?

I do not believe that was the purpose the Founding Fathers had for us.

That law abiding, tax paying citizens be restricted in their Rights and purchasing power of any product they can rightfully afford?

Doesn't sound like the Pursuit of Happiness to me.

And while full auto fire is fun, it's very difficult to contain even in short, controlled bursts in close, CQB environments.

Now an Australian Peel with 7 guys laying down covering fire to get the hell out of dodge? Hell yeah I want to running in AR position three.

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 AM   #104
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,196
Liked 19871 Times on 11287 Posts
Likes Given: 50095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Practicality aside, why is okay for the Feds to have them and law abiding citizens not to have them?

I do not believe that was the purpose the Founding Fathers had for us.

That law abiding, tax paying citizens be restricted in their Rights and purchasing power of any product they can rightfully afford?

Doesn't sound like the Pursuit of Happiness to me.

And while full auto fire is fun, it's very difficult to contain even in short, controlled bursts in close, CQB environments.

Now an Australian Peel with 7 guys laying down covering fire to get the hell out of dodge? Hell yeah I want to running in AR position three.
JD, i agree 100%. if it's good enough for the government to have, then law abiding citizens should be afforded the same privelage. fair is fair. i have said this many times that i support another gun owners right to his choice of firearms, including those i personally have no desire to own, simply because of infringement of our 2nd admendment rights.

i don't believe i ever read the sentence in the 2nd admendment, "shall not be infringed, except for FA firearms, SBR, suppressors, and SBS!"
__________________
Axxe55 is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #105
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

i don't believe i ever read the sentence in the 2nd admendment, "shall not be infringed, except for FA firearms, SBR, suppressors, and SBS!"
And I am in complete agreement with you on that fact. If it's available, I think it should be available to the 'civilian' populace.

I have never had a problem with you or your views on this matter my friend.

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #106
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,196
Liked 19871 Times on 11287 Posts
Likes Given: 50095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
And I am in complete agreement with you on that fact. If it's available, I think it should be available to the 'civilian' populace.

I have never had a problem with you or your views on this matter my friend.

JD
i support anothers right to their choice of firearms also, because my wants and desires in firearms may be different from what they are now. who knows, if i had a rich uncle who left me in his will, or won the lottery, i might want a FA firearm just for the fun they are to shoot!
__________________
Axxe55 is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #107
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fsted2a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,059
Liked 209 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Default

Getting back to the original topic, I don't see the machine gun registry opening any time soon unless:
A. We get sufficient pro 2nd amendment Senators and Congressmen along with a pro 2nd amendment President elected. Romney is more gun friendly than Obama, but not by much.
OR.
Someone takes the Hughes amendment all the way to the US Supreme court and gets it overturned, and I don't see that happening.
Looks like we're stuck with the slide fire.

__________________

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

fsted2a is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #108
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 79
Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

Default

I could see the Hughes Amendment getting tossed, easily. It does nothing but set an arbitrary deadline for the registration of guns lawful for civilian ownership. The Court has already supported ownership and use with certain practical limits, and I think it highly likely that the Court, as it currently stands, would see this as an impractical, arbitrary, and if they get into the "voice vote in the middle of the night" aspect of it, they might see it as capricious as well.
I promise you now that if I do win the lottery, I will get a dream team of litigators and fight that part of the NFA until the Court issues a decision or the Justice Department does something to have me shut up. Frankly, I may even challenge some of the Executive Orders that has been issued as well, as they to are arbitrary and capricious. G.H.W. Bush's ban on Chinese arms and ammo. Clinton's ban on arms from the Russian "Republic". Too bad we can't get the NRA to fight these fights for us...

__________________
7X57Mauser is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #109
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fsted2a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,059
Liked 209 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7X57Mauser View Post
I could see the Hughes Amendment getting tossed, easily. It does nothing but set an arbitrary deadline for the registration of guns lawful for civilian ownership. The Court has already supported ownership and use with certain practical limits, and I think it highly likely that the Court, as it currently stands, would see this as an impractical, arbitrary, and if they get into the "voice vote in the middle of the night" aspect of it, they might see it as capricious as well.
I promise you now that if I do win the lottery, I will get a dream team of litigators and fight that part of the NFA until the Court issues a decision or the Justice Department does something to have me shut up. Frankly, I may even challenge some of the Executive Orders that has been issued as well, as they to are arbitrary and capricious. G.H.W. Bush's ban on Chinese arms and ammo. Clinton's ban on arms from the Russian "Republic". Too bad we can't get the NRA to fight these fights for us...
The Hughes amendment was part of the FOPA (Firearms Owners Protection Act) that the democrats sneaked in at about midnight when it was in committee, not part of the NFA. The legal issue concerning it was that a. the voice vote was clearly against it b.there was no roll count. To challenge it, you have to build an illegal machine gun, and get arrested, which puts all your 2nd amendment rights at risk, and have enough resources to fight it to its conclusion, which hasn't happened yet.
__________________

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

fsted2a is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #110
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

To challenge it, you have to build an illegal machine gun, and get arrested, which puts all your 2nd amendment rights at risk, and have enough resources to fight it to its conclusion, which hasn't happened yet.
Why don't we all stop allowing these scumbags take our constitutional freedoms from us, any intelligent person can see why there is a practical use for a fully automatic weapon, even though they may not want one, the problem is those of us who believe that they are practical but may not want one, and those of us who do want one (such as me), we are not standing up for our rights. When the hughes amendment was passed, what did the gun community do, we took it like, we didn't fight and overturn it, and we didn't tell the government to go shove up their asses and buy and convert full autos anyway. When the clinton bans were passed, what did we do, the same thing. Not only are these bans unfair to those of us who would never harm someone for no reason and just want to pursue our passion and protect our familys, but they just outright lies. The POS's that passed these laws dont care about "safety", they do it so they don't have any obstacles for when they impose authoritarian restrictions on us and tax us like the nation we fought for our independence from, and why do they do this, to fatten their wallets. And do they follow these restrictions, of course not. Then they get morons like rosie o'donnel to preach it to the people and make us look nuts when we have a factually based argument instead of moronic hysteria like they do. And when you tell them something intelligent like, if gun control works why is california(nations worst gun laws) not the safest state and New Hampshire(nations best gun laws) actually is, or you say, gun control can't work because according to you it is to take guns out of the hands of criminals, when criminals are willing to ignore laws regarding rape and murder, yet you think they will follow laws regarding the weapon that they use to do so. And since they have no answer to anything like that They just say scary words like "assault weapon" and "destructive device". Above all is the fact that gun control is completely unconstitutional.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
naturehiker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Canada scrapped the long arm registry Gutpile The Club House 5 10-27-2011 08:12 PM
know how to use a CNC machine? dynastyofnext Gunsmithing Forum 26 06-18-2009 02:07 AM
Canadian PM urges repeal of long gun registry Musket Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 03-24-2009 04:12 PM



Newest Threads