Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Reopen the machine gun registry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #91
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderkeg
Besides the fun factor and to burn through ammo why do you want full auto
Because when a criminal comes in your house to rape and kill your family you can never fire fast enough.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 10-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #92

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What about your family I would always go for control over volume

Old 10-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #93
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderkeg
What about your family I would always go for control over volume
If a criminal comes to rape and kill your family the rate of fire a semi-auto rifle puts is not enough to protect your family, when it comes down to this type of situation bigger is always better, and using a full-auto gives him less time to fire back

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 10-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #94

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderkeg View Post
This question misses the point entirely.

It's not why should I want full auto.

The question is why would you, or the rest of the gun grabbing scumbag politicians, prevent me from purchasing a product made in the USA, but US Citizens, and help the US economy in both purchase and support (ammo, mags, accessories).

You want to see a sudden spike in economic growth? Open the registry and see what happens.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #95
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19835 Times on 11260 Posts
Likes Given: 49993

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
If a criminal comes to rape and kill your family the rate of fire a semi-auto rifle puts is not enough to protect your family, when it comes down to this type of situation bigger is always better, and using a full-auto gives him less time to fire back
FullAuto, have you ever fired a fully auto firearm? even the military doesn't use them as much in small arms due to ammo usage and lack of control. how many people who are legally able to own a FA firearm use one for SD? i'll just about bet the number is none!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #96

Liked 209 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderkeg View Post
Isn't that enough?? What about when Rosie O' Donnell leads the lesbian zombie apocolypse against us? It will take a more than a few rounds to put her fat ass down!!

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
FullAuto, have you ever fired a fully auto firearm? even the military doesn't use them as much in small arms due to ammo usage and lack of control. how many people who are legally able to own a FA firearm use one for SD? i'll just about bet the number is none!
Damn, someone always has to bring reality into it!! Truth is, in a home invasion type scenario, you don't want to shoot anything but semi, as you will be firing close quarters, and unless you are shooting pistol rounds of small caliber, you don't want an overpenetration issue or stray rounds to compromise your family's safety. It takes a lot of practice to get auto or burst fire to hit where you want, even then I wouldn't use auto fire in my home. Right now the military uses burst fire to keep the enemy heads down while troops advance. Unless you have an apocolyptic type scenario, or live in a state that borders Mexico, there are few practical uses for auto fire in home defense or self defense.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Damn, someone always has to bring reality into it!! Truth is, in a home invasion type scenario, you don't want to shoot anything but semi, as you will be firing close quarters, and unless you are shooting pistol rounds of small caliber, you don't want an overpenetration issue or stray rounds to compromise your family's safety. It takes a lot of practice to get auto or burst fire to hit where you want, even then I wouldn't use auto fire in my home. Right now the military uses burst fire to keep the enemy heads down while troops advance. Unless you have an apocolyptic type scenario, or live in a state that borders Mexico, there are few practical uses for auto fire in home defense or self defense.
exactly! reality is, we will probably never see FA firearms deregulated and easily bought like in the past, and for the record i do support the 2nd admendment and being able to own any type of firearm as long the person is legal to do so. but FullAutoUSA is living in some video game with his mentality of using FA firearms in a SD scenario. it's not practical and even the military has realized that many years ago.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
reality is, we will probably never see FA firearms deregulated and easily bought like in the past
You can get fairly close by bumpfiring, and the slide fire makes that a lot easier-so much so that it will work with a minimum of mods on a .22LR, but that is another thread.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
You can get fairly close by bumpfiring, and the slide fire makes that a lot easier-so much so that it will work with a minimum of mods on a .22LR, but that is another thread.
i know with my Bushmaster AR, i can dang near fire it quick enough that my wife thought i had a FA rifle! that's just with the finger!

like i said i support others right to FA firearms if that is their choice, even though personally i have desire to own one myself. i support it simply because i want no more infringement on the 2nd admendment and as i see it, currently with the way it is with laws concerning FA firearms, that's infringement.

Tags
knob creek, machine gun registry