Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Quick silencerco osprey question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4465 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Not modify it myself. Silencerco has parts to convert a .45 osprey to .40 or 9mm. And a .40 osprey to 9mm. You pretty much take it apart and put in the .40 or 9mm parts. I'm just trying to see if anyone knows the cost of the parts.
all you need to change is the piston adaptor. you dont need to change oany of the internals. you really need to contact silencerco to get the right part for the right combination of osprey and threaded barrel they run about 80$ max

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #12

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

all you need to change is the piston adaptor. you dont need to change oany of the internals. you really need to contact silencerco to get the right part for the right combination of osprey and threaded barrel they run about 80$ max
I found them. Do you know how well it will work?
Will using the .45 with 9mm adaptor work as well as a 9mm suppresser? Or should I buy a 9mm also to get the full affect?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

you wont be able to tell the difference with your ears. only way to see the diff is with a LOT of rounds fired using specialized sound detection to average them out.

the biggest choice you face is the cross platform versatility of the 45 osprey vs the smaller size of the 9mm osprey.

personally i would opt for the 45 version.

i shoot my bcm carbine a lot using my 308 suppressor. the bigger hole in a smaller caliber greatly reduces chance of baffle strike as well.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #14

Quote:
you wont be able to tell the difference with your ears. only way to see the diff is with a LOT of rounds fired using specialized sound detection to average them out.

the biggest choice you face is the cross platform versatility of the 45 osprey vs the smaller size of the 9mm osprey.

personally i would opt for the 45 version.

i shoot my bcm carbine a lot using my 308 suppressor. the bigger hole in a smaller caliber greatly reduces chance of baffle strike as well.
Thanks for the advice. I will primarily be using it on my G23 with 9mm conversion. But if I can use 1 suppresser for all 3 then why not.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

If i didnt make it clear the 45 version will be quieter with a 9mm than the 9mm version due to the slightly larger internal volume of the 45 osprey. But your only going to see the diff with testing gear

Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #16

Quote:
If i didnt make it clear the 45 version will be quieter with a 9mm than the 9mm version due to the slightly larger internal volume of the 45 osprey. But your only going to see the diff with testing gear
Ok I got ya. I guess I missed that part.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Respectfully, I disagree. The First round pop will be louder on the .45 can with sub calibers. The rest of a string of fire will be pretty comprable.

A 9mm with 147gr Subsonic rounds will be quieter than any .45 ACP. The apeture does make a difference.

I pretty much own all of Silenerco's Pistol cans, and run subsonics in the .45. The Osprey 9 is quieter on 9mm than the Osprey 45 with 9mm.