Pure Inquiry
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Pure Inquiry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
KAG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Pure Inquiry

I attend a liberal school and when I mentioned I am applying for my FFL, three things happened:

1) Lost friends (not really a bad thing)

2) Made enemies ( again, not really a bad thing)

3) Was persecuted as a conservative gun humper (not a bad thing either)

But during all this someone said that they (BATFE) will let anyone have an FFL, and there is no screening for people with exsessive speeding tickets and other misdemeanors (I guess like a MIP or a PI), allowing irresponsible people to have access to all the wonderful perks.

My question is, is it true?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I am not a lawyer, and I've never played one on TV.

Check with the appropriate authorities in Texas where you live. An FFL is a Federal Firearms License. You'll also have to check with the Feds.

Legal advice from the internet, no matter how well intentioned could have all sorts of interesting consequences.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
KAG

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I am not asking for any legal advice, I know better, but I was just interested if anyone one has had an experience with this, first or second hand. I understand it might be a touchy subject, if it is no repley is needed.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

So you're applying for an FFL while you're in college? Where do you intend on setting up your business?

I'd think it might be kind of difficult being a licensed firearms dealer while in college...

Old 09-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #5

Your at A&M and your having issues with the gun control leftist? Really? No really? How does that even happen, I'm in Austin so I understand it but I've seen more rifle racks in trucks in college station than anywhere. What's happening to America?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8885 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

OMIGOD- do you mean that the BATFE will issue a FFL to someone with a speeding ticket????

BATFE is a FEDERAL agency. Regulations prescribe the qualifications to hold a FFL, whether dealer, maker, or collector. Those regs do not address nickel and dime violations of the traffic code. They DO address felony convictions, drug use, domestic violence, and being an "undocumented immigrant". It also addresses mental illnesses, which seems to be rampant among your classmates. I am referring to hoplophobia- an unreasoning fear of weapons- and yes, it is a valid psych diagnosis. Drop THAT on them!

Why, next thing you know, the FAA will be giving pilot's licenses to people with parking tickets, the FCC will be giving Radio Station licenses to people that let their license plates on their car expire......... and don't even get me started on those folks that tear the tags off of mattresses!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #7

Just curious. Are you really applying for an FFL or is it some type of carry permit?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

What school do you attend? Not Texas State right?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:44 AM   #9

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I call BS on this one. There are no liberals in Texas so how can their be a liberal school? Last time I heard in Texas if you said you were a liberal you were beaten with a crowbar and left in the middle of nowhere.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #10

Actually Tango I saw this change already happening when I left Texas in 92. The big cities like Dallas, Houston, and Austin were overrun by the liberals - much to the chagrin of the rank & file Texan.

BTW, nearly all colleges are liberal, doesn't matter where they are...